Effect of Attentional State on Frequency Discrimination: A Comparison of Children With ADHD On and Off Medication
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Elementary School Children in Rhode Island: Associated Psychological Factors and Medications Used. Harel, Ephat H.; Brown, William D. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p497
This study was undertaken to explore psychosocial factors associated with referral for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) evaluation or ADHD diagnosis among elementary school children in Rhode Island, as well as to examine the extent of drug therapy among this population. A survey...
- ADHD children may just be immature. // Education Journal;3/15/2016, Issue 263, p8
The article focuses on a study which revealed that children who had been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder are the youngest members of their class.
- THE EFFECT OF COMORBID AD/HD AND LEARNING DISABILITIES ON PARENT-REPORTED BEHAVIORAL AND ACADEMIC OUTCOMES OF CHILDREN. Smith, Thomas J.; Adams, Gail // Learning Disability Quarterly;Spring2006, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p101
Data from the 2001 National Household Education Survey were examined to estimate the prevalence of comorbid AD/HD and LD among school-aged children in the United States and assess how this comorbidity was associated with selected parent-reported behavioral and academic outcomes. The observed...
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: Mountain or a... Calhoun Jr., George; Greenwell-Iorillo, Elizabeth; Chung, Soonyoung // Education;Winter97, Vol. 118 Issue 2, p244
Presents a survey of literature relative to the dynamics of the attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD) associated with school children of age. Discussion of the historical background of ADHD; Definition and classification of ADHD; Etiology and prevalence of ADHD; Treatment and intervention.
- Neurological aspects of the clinical features, pathophysiology, and corrections of impairments in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. O. Nogovitsina; E. Levitina // Neuroscience & Behavioral Physiology;Mar2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p199
Abstract??The prevalence of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in young schoolchildren in Nefteyugansk (Khanty-Mansiiskii Autonomous Region) was found to be 8%, with rates of 13% amongst boys and 3% amongst girls. Clinical investigation of a cohort of 122 children aged 6?11 years...
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: Relations between prevalence rate and school district... Daley, Christine E.; Onwuegbuzie, Anthony J. // Psychological Reports;Oct98, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p593
Studies whether prevalence rates of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder are related to size of school district, diagnostic method and referral process. Variations in the prevalence rates; Requirement for medical evaluation; Application of the concept of multidisciplinary child study.
- Wider Definition Benefits More People. // USA Today Magazine;Aug2014, Vol. 143 Issue 2831, p10
The article informs that changes to the "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders" has broadened the definition of attention deficient hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), a disorder that affects more than 13 million people in the U.S. who struggle with distractibility.
- Head Start Children With A Putative Diagnosis of ADHD: A Four-Year Follow-Up of Special Education Placement. Redden, Sandra Cluett; Forness, Steven R.; Ramey, Craig T.; Ramey, Sharon L.; Brezausek, Carl M.; Kavale, Kenneth A. // Education & Treatment of Children;Aug2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p208
Although children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) are at risk for school problems, relatively little is known about special education identification of these children in their very early school years. However a recent study by the Centers for Disease Control found a rate of...
- Mental health industry. Williams, Armstrong // New York Amsterdam News;7/11/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 28, p8
Focuses on the problems associated with the prevalence of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) among school children in the U.S. Symptoms of the disorder; Risks with the use of Ritalin as medication; Implications for the mental health diagnosis of school children.