WORLD SAVERS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD 2006
- IN CONVERSATION. Hoare, Natalie // Geographical (Geographical Magazine Ltd.);Jun2008, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p98
An interview with environmentalist Marina Rikhvanova is presented. When asked about campaigning on behalf of Lake Baikal in Russia, Rikhvanova says that she grew up near the lake and had studied human impact on it. Rikhvanova reflects on her campaign to reroute the Siberia-Pacific oil pipeline...
- GOING FOR THE GOLDMAN. Slater, Dashka // Sierra;May/Jun2008, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p29
The article profiles several winners of the 2008 Goldman Environmental Prize and discusses the efforts of each to promote environmentalism in their communities. Prize winner JesÃºs LeÃ³n Santos has promoted sustainable farming in the Mixteca region of Mexico through his organization Center...
- You've Got the Power. Glowczewska, Klara // Conde Nast Traveler;Nov2006, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p36
The article focuses on various issues discussed in the November 2006 issue of the journal "Conde Nast Traveler." This year readers of the journal rated a record 3,120 hotels, destinations, airlines, cruise lines for the nineteenth annual Readers' Choice Awards. Marina Rikhvanova from Irkutsk,...
- NEHA seeks nominations for 1997 Walter S. Mangold Award. // Journal of Environmental Health;Sep1996, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the search for nominations to the 1997 Walter S. Mangold Award given by the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) to an environmentalist. Nominations deadline; Achievements of Walter Mangold after whom award was named.
- Clean Water Task Force and others tapped for environmental excellence. // South Carolina Business Journal;Apr97, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the recognition of the organizations promoting environmental excellence by the South Carolina General Assembly with the creation of the 1996 S.C. Environmental Awareness Award. Organizations awarded; Appeal of the awarding committee to South Carolinians during the recognition...
- Spirit of curiosity. Haythorpe, Gregg // Australian Geographic;Sep/Oct2012, Issue 110, p105
The article reports on the Australian Geographic (AG) Society awards which honored conservationists and adventurers.
- ENVIRONMENTAL HEROES. Writer, Larry // Australian Women's Weekly;Jun2008, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p228
The article announces that "Australian Women's Weekly's" Environmental Heroes for the month of June are the Sustainables, students from the Port Fairy Consolidated School in Victoria.
- AWARD FOR 'FOREST MAN'. // Resurgence & Ecologist;Nov/Dec2015, Issue 293, p7
The article announces that the Indian environmental activist Jadav 'Molai' Payeng has received the Padma Shri Award as of November 2015.
- Saved! FISH, PETER; EGAN, SOPHIE // Sunset;Mar2012, p72
The article presents information on the 2012 Environmental Awards winners, including McDowell Sonoran Preserve, the Montana Legacy Project, and the Wildlands Conservancy in Southern California