IN THIS WEEK
- Korean firms merge. // Chemical Week;11/6/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 43, p7
Announces the planned merger of Korean companies Dongbu Chemical and Han Nong.
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;2/8/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 5, p8
Offers news briefs on the chemical industry as of February 2006. Increase in fourth quarter profit of Engelhard in 2005; Information on the plan of Bayer to build a methylcellulose production plant in the U.S.; Agreement of Atlana Chemie of Wesel, Germany to acquire coatings and adhesive...
- Bayer Plans Isocyanates Expansion in Germany. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/10/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the plan of Bayer to expand isocyanates capacity at BrunsbÃ¼ttel, Germany. Approval received by the company to raise methylene di-para-phenylene isocyanate (MDI) capacity; Expansion plan of the company for its MDI capacity in other countries; Reason for the expansion at BrunsbÃ¼ttel.
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;4/7/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 13, p16
Presents news briefs on chemical-related issues as of April 1999. Decision of the Cooperative Wholesale Society that it will not carry out trials of transgenic crops on its land; Production capacity of the polyols plant opened by Bayer.
- Chinese MDI Plant Part of Bayer â‚¬700-Million Package. // Paint & Coatings Industry;May2006, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p18
Announces the decision of the Bayer AG board of management to approve an investment package to expand its capacities for key products. Planned establishment of a world-scale production plant for diphenylmethane diisocyanate; Amount to be spent by the company for various projects in China.
- EPDM Market Is Slated for a Capacity Boost. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;02/19/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 8, p1
Presents information on the plans of several producers of ethylene-propylene-diene-monomer (EPDM) to add new capacity plants in Europe and the United States (U.S.) in 2001. Expansion plans of Bayer AG; Plans of DSM Elastomers company to build EPDM plants in Europe; Impact of the economic...
- Bayer Uses Aspen Tech. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/19/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 25, p40
Reports that Bayer AG has implemented Aspen Technology Inc.'s Aspen Mimi supply chain solution at two plants in its basic and fine chemicals division.
- Bayer to Boost MDI Production in the U.S. and Spain. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;12/24/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 46, p12
Reports on the plan of Bayer to increase the production of methylene di-para-phenylene isocyanate (MDI) in the U.S. and Spain. Increase in the capacity of the facilities; Plan of Bayer for a MDI plant in Caojing, China; Predicted growth of the MDI market.
- Referendum set for Bayer TDI project. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;3/18/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 10, Chemicalweek Asia p1
Confirms the plans of the government of Taichung County, Taiwan to hold a referendum on June 13, 1998 about the proposed toluene diiscocyanate plant of Bayer company. Position of Taiwan's central government about the referendum; Reaction of Bayer towards the issue.