Novel polymers reinforce Solvay
- Solvay Advanced Polymers new PEEK plant in India. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Aug2008, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p66
The article reports on the new commercial polyetheretherketone (PEEK) plant at Panoli, India that was commissioned by Solvay Advanced Polymers in 2008. It says that the facility is capable of manufacturing about 500 metric tons annually and is scalable in design to increase its capacity to...
- Solvay Adds PEEK Capacity. // Plastics Technology;Sep2008, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p73
The article reports on a polyetheretherketone (PEEK) production facility in India commissioned by Solvay Advanced Polymers. The Indian facility can yield 1.1 million pounds per year (lb/yr) of KetaSpire PEEK and lower performance AvaSpire modified PEEK. The capacity of the plant can be doubled...
- Solvay to strengthen fluoropolymers position. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;9/28/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 31, p17
Discusses the efforts of Solvay Advanced Polymers company to enhance its status in the fluoropolymer market, with specific emphasis on the company's construction of feedstock and resin plant in Decatur, Alabama. Description of fluoropolymers to be produced by the company; When the plant is...
- Engine Part Leaves Aluminum, Embraces Polymer. // Product Design & Development;Nov2002, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on the use of a grade of Amodel polyphthalamide from Solvay Advanced Polymers for the thermostat housing on a Jeep Liberty engine. Configuration of the engine; Properties of the Amodel material; Reason of the selection of the Amodel AS-1933 HS.
- Injection-molded PPA replaces aluminum in valve. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jan2003, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p17
Reports the use of the injection-molded Amodel polyphthalamide (PPA) from Solvay Advanced Polymers Inc. to replace the aluminum in the throttle body of a valve in a Delphi marine outboard engine. Heat-deflection temperature of the PPA; Flexural modulus; Effectiveness of the PPA in applications...
- Solvay Expands PAI Capacity. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/1/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the plan of Solvay Advanced Polymers LLC to expand the capacity of its polyamide-imide (PAI) plant at Donaldson Center in Greenville, South Carolina. Expectations on the project; Implication of the expansion on Solvay; Major applications of Torlon PAI to be produced by Solvay.
- Solvay awards $50m contract. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;4/25/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2144, p30
Reports on the engineering design contract awarded by Solvay Advanced Polymers to Shaw Stone & Webster for the construction a sulphone polymers plant. Terms of the contract; Statement from Doug Brademeyer, global business director of Solvay, on the construction of the plant.
- Solvay to Expand Sulfone Polymers. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/3/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 1, p2
This article reports that Solvay Advanced Polymers LLC will invest more than $50 million to build a sulfone polymers plant that will nearly triple the company's capacity for polyethersulfone (PES). The facility will be able to produce the full suite of Radel products, including Radel A PES and...
- newsbriefs. // Chemical Week;11/7/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 36, p4
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. Solvay is reorganizing its fluorochemicals business to focus on high valued-added specialties while scaling back its participation in refrigerant gases. Solvay Advanced Polymers has completed construction of a world-scale sulfone polymers...