â€¦ but union frets over safety
- 2-month nylon shortage seen as result of DuPont plant fire. Maycumber, S. Gray // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/14/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 90, p2
Details the fire which broke out at the DuPont petrochemical plant in Orange, Texas. Percent reduction of fiber production capabilities; Duration of fire; Impact on nylon 6.6 clients of DuPont; Efforts of DuPont to locate fiber producers who will temporarily supply nylon fibers to clients.
- DuPont discovers safety. Minter, Stephen G. // Occupational Hazards;Aug95, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.'s occupational safety records. Findings of Du Pont's safety research; Attributes of a safe working environment.
- Safety promotes ethical behavior says DuPont exec. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jan2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p12
Presents the measurable elements of safety applied by DuPont to improve its corporate integrity and accountability. Commitment to management; Maintenance of high standards of performance; Recruitment of supportive safety personnel.
- DuPont expands R-134a capacity. // Automotive News;12/27/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5531, Insight p7i
Reports on the second plant of DuPont for refrigerant R-134a production in Corpus Christi, Texas. Increase in production allowed by the plant; Amount of R-134a supplied to the global market.
- DuPont starts shrink film plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/10/98, Vol. 254 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the start of E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co.'s construction of a polyethylene-based shrink film plant in LeTrait, France. Comments of Jerome Smith, vice president and general manager of DuPont's packaging and industrial polymers business unit, on the significance of the construction to...
- DuPont plans Brazil Lycra plant. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/19/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 76, p17
Reports on the plan of DuPont to build a Lycra spandex plant in Brazil. Total number of plants opened by DuPont Lycra; Plant capacity and employees; Growing demand for the fabric.
- DuPont adds capacity at Va. nylon facility. // Plastics News;8/2/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p10
Focuses on the expansion of Wilmington, Delaware-based DuPont's nylon resin capacity at its Richmond site in Virginia.
- DuPont starts up $500 million Kevlar unit in South Carolina. // Colourage;Nov2011, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p99
The article reports on the roll-out of global production capacity for DuPont at its 500 million dollars Cooper River Kevlar facility in South Carolina.
- DuPont Opens Probiotics Facility in China. // China Chemical Reporter;7/21/2014, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p13
The article reports that chemical company DuPont has started production at its state-of- the-art probiotic blending and packaging facility in China.