SNTG places $350m order
- Bleak outlook for bulkers. Binkley, Alex // Traffic World;02/09/98, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p39
Discusses the future of Canadian-owned bulk carriers cargo ships located on Great Lakes, in reference to its grain industry. Comments from Rick Johnson, president of Seaway Bulk Carriers of Winnipeg, Manitoba; Information on the wheat production in 1997.
- Clampdown on the rust buckets. Hamer, Mick // New Scientist;4/29/95, Vol. 146 Issue 1975, p14
Discusses the increase in the number of bulk carriers of coal, iron ore, grain and minerals which sank at sea. Safety record of carriers during Bill O'Neil's term as secretary general of the International Maritime Organization (IMO); Bulk carriers' rate of structural failure as compared with...
- Ship that leaked oil on Great Barrier Reef removed. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/12/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 87, p14
The article reports on the removal of Shen Neng 1 coal carrier that leaked on Great Barrier Reef in Queensland.
- Weakness in Size. // Time;5/30/1969, Vol. 93 Issue 22, p97
The article focuses on the construction of oilberg tankers which has the capacity of more than 200,000 tons. It mentions that Japanese manufacturers will be releasing a tanker with a capacity of 372,000 deadweight tons (dwt) in 1971. It notes that the technologies in Japan allows the...
- Multiattribute Decision Making Methodology in the Concept Design of Tankers and Bulk Carriers. ŽANIĆ, Vedran; ČUDINA, Predrag // Brodogradnja;Mar2009, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p19
An improved methodology for decision making for ship general design in concept design phase is presented. Multiattribute decision making method has been applied and executed by decision making shell DeMak developed at Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture in Zagreb. Each...
- M&A Hits Inland Liquid Bargers. Sauer, Pamela // Chemical Market Reporter;11/22/99, Vol. 256 Issue 21, pFR13
Reports that merger and acquisition strikes the United States inland liquid barge market. Geographic areas covered by the inland barge industry and its element considered as the most significant; Top inland bargers and three of the largest fleet liquid bulk carriers in 1998; Financial terms of...
- A discussion of the ultimate strength of ageing ships, with particular reference to the corrosion model. Qin, S-P; Cui, W-C // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part M;2002, Vol. 216 Issue 2, p155
Because of several losses of old bulk carriers, ultimate strength assessment of the remaining ageing ships has received considerable attention recently. For ageing ships, two important factors that degrade the ultimate strength of ship hulls are corrosion and fatigue. Paik and Thayamballi have...
- The vanishing oil tankers. Vesely, Milan // African Business;Nov2004, Issue 303, p44
Examines incidents in which three fully loaded oil tankers vanished overnight in Nigerian and Ghanaian waters. Details of the incidents; Suspicion of the Nigerian Navy on the oil tankers; Opinion on the disappearance of the oil tankers under Nigerian Navy arrest.
- Fleet Renewal On The Lakes. // Bar-Code Border;1/17/2011, Vol. 10 Issue 202, p5
The article reports that Algoma Central Corp. has ordered four dry bulk lake freighters from a Chinese shipyard which will be utilized in 2013 and 2014 for the Seaway Marine Transport operation on the Great Lakes as a replacement to their aged vessels.