Tough times to knock acetone
- Reaction of arenediazonium tetrafluoroborates with allyl methacrylate in the presence of the thiocyanate anion. Grishchuk, B. D.; Baranovskii, V. S.; Simchak, R. V.; Tulaidan, G. N.; Gorbovoi, P. M. // Russian Journal of General Chemistry;Jun2006, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p936
Allyl 2-thiocyanato-2-methyl-3-arylpropionates were obtained by the reaction of arenediazonium tetrafluoroborates with allyl methacrylate in a water-acetone (1: 5) medium, involving thiocyanatoarylation by the C=C bond of the methacrylic fragment. Under the examined conditions, the allylic...
- Acetone. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;8/22/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2160, p31
Focuses on the status of the acetone industry in Europe as of August 2005. Uses of acetone; Consumption performance of acetone into methyl methacrylate (MMA) and bisphenol A; Decrease in European contracts for MMA consumers for the month; Forecast on its demand growth.
- product focus. // Chemical Week;10/30/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 43, p32
Provides information on methyl methacrylate. Prices; Demand and potential growth of methyl methacrylate; Technological applications.
- Players aim to restore lost margins. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;4/12/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2095, p12
Reports on the target price increase of methyl methacrylate (MMA) producers in Europe for the second quarter of 2004. Factors which led to the efforts of producers to increase prices; Decline in MMA prices in the first quarter of 2004; MMA demand in Asia.
- EU MMA prices end dive, as producers aim for the sky. BOSWELL, CLAY; Strathearn, Helena; Dietrich, John; Lin, Junie // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 11, p20
The article reports on low methyl methacrylate (MMA) prices in Europe, with its first increase since May 2011. Europe's acetone supply is being considered a factor responsible for deal-making in the MMA market. The low start in 2012 has prevented MMA producers from passing along their rising...
- US methyl methacrylate contract prices decline. TERRY, LARRY // ICIS Chemical Business;6/10/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 20, p22
The article reports on the decline in contract prices for methyl methacrylate (MMA) in the U.S. in May 2013. It mentions that prices for MMA for May were evaluated by an average 2 cents/pounds (lb) on market consensus, although some flat negotiations were heard. Sources stated that the reduction...
- MMA rises with acetone. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;10/24/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2168, p13
This article reports on the increase in methyl methacrylate (MMA) prices in Europe. Increases in acetone costs of â‚¬ 125/tonne in October 2005--with possibly more to follow--combined with rising energy prices, have prompted MMA producers to target â‚¬100-150/tonne hikes for the 2005...
- Comparative evaluation of bond strength of three contemporary self-etch adhesives: An ex vivo study. NIKHIL, VINEETA; SINGH, VIJAY; CHAUDHRY, SURUCHI // Contemporary Clinical Dentistry;Apr-Jun2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p94
Aim: This study evaluated the effect of 2-hydroxymethyl methacrylate (HEMA) and the type of solvent on the tensile bond strength of the following three self-etch adhesives: Adper easy one (HEMA-rich adhesive) which contained ethanol, G-Bond (HEMA-free adhesive) which contained acetone, and Xeno...
- Stability of resistive-type humidity sensor based on cross-linked polyelectrolytes in chemical environments. Sun, A. H.; Li, Y.; Huang, L.; Cui, P. // Journal of Materials Science;Aug2009, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p4112
2-(Dimethylamino) ethyl methacrylate was copolymerized with butyl methacrylate and then quaternized with 1,4-dibromobutane to obtain a resistive-type cross-linked polyelectrolyte humidity-sensitive material. The humidity sensors based on the cross-linked polyelectrolyte were exposed to various...