Solvay creates world-class PEEK facility in India
- Solvay Expands Fluoropolymers Capacity at Italian Site. // Chemical Week;3/7/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 8, p17
The article reports on the move of Solvay Solexis to double production capacity for a family of perfluoropolyether (PFPE) polymers. The expansion will take place at Solvay Solexis' fluorinated polymers plant at Spinetta Marengo, Italy. The project entails a large capacity increase for PFPE sold...
- From soda ash to polymers -- Solvay moves into biomaterials. Ford, Omar // Medical Device Daily;2/14/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p1
This article focuses on the growth of Solvay into an international chemical and pharmaceutical and plastics group. The revenue generated by the company in 2006 was $13.6 billion. A biomaterial line was launched by the company in a bid to further expand its product offerings. Particular focus is...
- Solvay hikes speciality polymers capacity at Panoli; announces acquisition in surfactants space. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Nov2012, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p66
The article announces Belgium-based chemicals group Solvay's capacity increase of 70% at its Panoli, India plant for the production of polyetheretherketone (PEEK) and polyaryl-etherketone (PAEK) polymers, and Solvay's acquisition of a controlling interest in surfactants firm Sunshield Chemicals.
- KPC Polyether Plant Starts up in Nanjing. // China Chemical Reporter;12/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p12
The article reports on the development of the polyether plant project by KPC Co. Ltd. in Nanjing Chemical Industry Park in Jiangsu province in China. On December 4, 2006, the company started normal production. The final capacity of the project will be 150,000 t/a polyether polyol. Furthermore,...
- Solvay increases Indian polymer plant capacity. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Oct2012, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p71
The article reports that Belgian chemical solutions provider Solvay has raised production capacity for its high performance polymers, which include KetaSpire polyetheretherketone and AvaSpire polyaryletherketones at its Panoli, Maharashtra plant in India.
- Solvay Starts up New Fluoroelastomers Plant in China. // China Chemical Reporter;8/21/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p11
The article reports that chemicals company Solvay SA has started production at its new fluoroelastomers plant in Changshu, China, as part of its ongoing strategic site expansion, to meet demands for its specialty polymers from Asia.
- Solvay inaugurates plant for PTFE micronized powder in China. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Nov2008, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p60
The article reports on the inauguration of Solvay's polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) micronized powder production unit in China. It states that the facility will allow the firm to customize products to meet the needs of its customers. The plant is said to be consistent with the firm's geographical...
- Dell Expands R&D Operations in India. // GlobalSourcingNOW;6/1/2007, p2
This article states that Dell, a Texas-based systems and services company, has expanded its research and development (R&D) operations in India by opening a 1,000-seater R&D facility. The move is in tandem with the company's plans to portray India as the hub for the development of its enterprise...
- DSM's China expansion includes R&D, new plant. Sun, Nina Ying // Plastics News;10/31/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p14
The article informs that DSM NV, a materials supplier based in Heerlen, the Netherlands, wants to double its sales in China to $1 billion by 2010, far exceeding other parts of the world in market growth. The company estimates a 3-5 percent growth rate on average for its global network. In...