ExxonMobil signs in Qatar
- Doha suspends Ras Laffan petrochemicals expansion. Williams, Perry // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/5/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 36, p10
The article reports on the temporary suspension for the construction of the Ras Laffan Industrial City by Qatar Petroleum Co. (QP) in Qatar. It states that QP reasoned that the suspension was due to a lack of demand from petrochemicals companies for the plots of land it would have served....
- Rivals back out of race for key Ras Laffan contract. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/14/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p15
The article reports that the joint venture of Qatar Petroleum (QP) and U.S.-based ExxonMobil Chemical Co. is on the verge of awarding the contract for its multi-billion-dollar petrochemicals complex at Ras Laffan, Qatar, with only Foster Wheeler and possibly one other company left bidding for...
- Ras Laffan project takes next step. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/8/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 23, p17
The article reports that petrochemicals complex project at Ras Laffan, Qatar, planned by Qatar Petroleum and U.S.-based ExxonMobil Chemical Company, took an important step forward in late May 2007 after tender documents were issued for the project co-ordination and construction services package....
- ExxonMobil considers expansion in China. CHANG, JOSEPH; Davis, Nigel; Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;4/4/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 12, p26
The article reports on the plan of ExxonMobil Chemical Co. to expand capacity at its Fujian Refining & Petrochemical (FREP) joint venture in China.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/2/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 27, p13
Presents news briefs on the petrochemical industry in the Middle East, as of July 2004. Information on the technology supply contract awarded to Lurgi for Qatar Fuel Additives Co.; Details of the research agreement between Qatar Petroleum and ExxonMobil Chemical Co.; Information on the...
- Oil Majors' Fourth-Quarter Chemicals Profits Fall. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;2/6/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 4, p10
The article offers information regarding financial reports from the chemical sectors of major oil companies during the fourth quarter of 2011, including earnings data from ExxonMobil Chemical, Shell Chemicals, and British Petroleum (BP).
- Exxon Chemical Forges Ahead With $2 Bn Complex in Singapore. Carroll, Susan // Chemical Market Reporter;01/04/99, Vol. 255 Issue 1, p28
Discusses Exxon Chemical Co.'s decision to proceed with its plan to build a petrochemical complex on Jurong Island, Singapore. Cost of the firm's largest project in the Asia-Pacific region; First steam cracker in Singapore to be fully integrated with an oil refinery; Prospects for Asian...
- ExxonMobil and Shaw in Joint Venture. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/28/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 17, p3
Reports that Exxonmobil Chemical Co. and The Shaw Group subdiary Stone & Webster Inc. have formed a joint venture for the licensing petrochemical technology products. Stone & Webster's acquisition of Badger Technologies.
- Dyadic fires CEO. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 12, p32
The article presents several new briefs from the chemical industry. ExxonMobil Chemical Co. plans to expand production of paraxylene at its Rotterdam aromatics plant by 25%, and benzene by 20%. Russian potash giant Uralkali has renewed plans to list on the London Stock Exchange. Uralkali was...