Consortium to build Italian biorefinery
- The Truth About 'Biodegradable' Plastics. Long, Cheryl // Mother Earth News;Jun/Jul2010, Issue 240, p17
The article discusses the results of the testing on biodegradable plastics. The results have shown that majority of the claims about bioplastics, including the claim that they are fully compostable, are misleading. It also presents the two kinds of composting, namely, home composting and...
- Novamont buys Eastman bioplastics biz. Higgs, Richard // Plastics News;9/13/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p8
This article reports that Eastman Chemical Co. is pulling out of the biodegradable polymers race with the sale of its Eastar Bio copolyester business to Novamont SpA, a European bioplastics leader. Eastman of Kingsport, which introduced Eastar Bio copolyester in 1997, said the business is no...
- BIODEGRADABLE BLOCK PACKING. Thisdell, Glenda // European Chemical News;3/29/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2093, p26
Reports on the biodegradable plastic MaterFoam for commercial-scale production introduced by Novamont. Award received by the company for the product; Product being developed by the company to replace non-biodegradable plastic packaging according to general manager Catia Bastioli; Plan of the...
- An overview of some biodegradable materials & end-use. Athalye, A. S. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Sep2013, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p19
The article discusses plastics and chemical company Novamont's study on the possibilities and potential uses of plastic waste and its recycling and reuse. Potential market segments identified include agriculture, packaging, road construction, and the construction industry. The benefits of using...
- Mater-Bi matters in bioplastic. // Converter;Oct2008, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p17
The article reports on the launch of co-extruded films from bioplastics company Novamont which combine various grades of Mater-Bi, the completely biodegradable and naturally compostable bioplastic, at the 2008 Interpack show. According to the article, co-extrusion allows the properties of...
- Novamont buys biodegradability patents. // Plastics News;3/2/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on Novamont SpA who has purchased several strach-based thermoplastic patents. Reasons for the purchase of the patents; Details on the purchase; Who the patents were owned by; Date in which sale was approved; Comments from Novamont president, Umberto Colombo.
- Novamont showcased compostable bioplastic products at ecomondo 2011. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Dec2011, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p76
The article offers brief information on the Mater-Bi biopolymer from Novamont SpA.
- Reverdia contributes bio-succinic acid technology at Biosuccinnovate Consortium. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Aug2015, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p88
The article reports that Biosuccinium manufacturer Reverdia has joined the consortium ADMIT BioSuccInnovate to collaborate with the Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences (IBERS) and other European partners in exploring ways of making bio-based, biodegradable plastic packaging.
- Purchasing consortia. Brown, John; McLaughlin, Tony // Accountancy;Jun93, Vol. 111 Issue 1198, p103
Reports on the formation of purchasing consortia by retailers in Great Britain to increase bargaining power for the purchase of goods.