Jewel in the crown
- VOICES FROM THE WEB. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/27/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 10, p7
The article offers news briefs involving the petrochemical industry, including the acquisition of Unipetrol by Polish refiner PKN Orlen, the expected growth of chemical and polymer sales driven by the automotive industry's growing demand for greater fuel efficiency and the initiation of a...
- Czech Government to Review Possible Sale of Unipetrol Stake. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/7/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 12, p6
Reports on reviewing of the possible sale of Unipetrol, the Czech refining and petrochemicals group. Reason for delay in sale of Unipetrol; Participation of Orlen in the privatization of the refinery.
- Unipetrol minority shareholders call on Conoco to defend their rights. Lešenarová, Hana // Prague Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on the concerns of the minority shareholders of Unipetrol, a petrochemical holding company in the Czech Republic. Need for assurances from the backer of the Agrofert Group, the owner in waiting; Scope of the participation of oil giant Conoco in the Agrofert-led acquisition; Payment of a...
- Unipetrol readied for new sale with fewer conditions. Johnstone, Chris // Prague Business Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the privatization of the Czechoslovakia-based petro-chemical group, Unipetrol Co. Selling price; Conditions for the sale of the company; Implications for petroleum and chemical industries.
- Court dashes government hopes for Unipetrol cash. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the Czech Constitutional Court's refusal to approve the privatization of petrochemical group Unipetrol. Court's annulment of an exemption to the national Commercial Code; Analysts' views that the ruling will benefit Unipetrol's minority shareholders at the expense of the government's...
- CENTRAL & SOUTH EAST EUROPE: Petrochemicals. // CIREC Monthly News;Jan2012, Issue 254, p2
The article offers information on the pre-results statement of PKN Orlen SA regarding its 2011 fourth quarter operating profits which dropped 87% against the same quarter in 2010 in Central and Southeast Europe. It mentions that the main factors that influenced the quarter-on-quarter performance...
- Agrofert-Conoco to Acquire Unipetrol. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;1/2/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the selection of Agrofert Holding company by the Czech government to acquire its stake in the government firm Unipetrol. Value of the acquisition; Other companies which offered bid to acquire Unipetrol; Reason for the government to reject the bid offered by the MOL-TVK-OMV...
- Czech Government Sells Unipetrol Stake to Agrofert. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/24/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 24, p4
Reports on the decision of the Czech Republic government to sell its controlling stake in the petrochemical company Unipetrol to Agrofert. Reasons for the decision of the government; Reaction of the stock market to the decision; Goal of the government in its decision.
- Pole position. Conroy, Will; O'Driscoll, Cath // ICIS Chemical Business;2/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p23
The article reports on the struggle for oil and petrochemicals pre-eminence in central and eastern Europe as of March 2006. The struggle started when Poland's PKN Orlen acquired Unipetrol of the Czech Republic. The value of Unipetrol is that it is as much a source of information for Orlen about...