GLASS MARKET HOTS UP
- Decorative Units Made Easy with Thermoseal. // Glass Age;Nov2003, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p71
Announces the availability of the colored Georgian bar and spacers and the Duplex system from Birmingham, England-based Thermoseal Group. Features of the product range.
- 1st C rated timber window. // Glass Age;Mar2006, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p8
The article reports that Southwest based Clearwood UK has achieved a C rated timber window with the British Fenestration Rating Council. The double glazed unit used to achieve a C rating was Argon gas filled in a 4-20-4 configuration. It incorporates Saint Gobain Futur N and Edgetech's Super Spacer.
- New Duraflex cavity closer. // Glass Age;Nov2003, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p82
Announces Duraflex's launching of the Duraframe Cavity Closer for use in conjunction with its Diamont Suite. Features of the system.
- Blast Resistant Sealant. // Glass Age;Nov2003, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p66
Features the blast resistant 993 Structural Glazing Sealant from Dow Corning installed at the terminal development in Liverpool, England's John Lennon Airport. Glazed facade featured by the structure.
- Fire Resistant Secondary. // Glass Age;Nov2003, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p74
Reveals that Granada Secondary Glazing Ltd. had its Pyrobar aluminum secondary glazed hinged unit re-tested for fire resistant qualities with a different thickness of glass installed. Quality of the products.
- Clear Danger. Watts, Marty // Buildings;Sep2003, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p20
Discusses the importance of a security window film. Function of the film; Examples of typical window performance problems; Advantage of laminated glass over conventional glass.
- EVOLUTION OR EXTINCTION? Scott, Andrew // Glass Age;Apr2006, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p26
The article reports on the need for companies in the glazing industry to adapt to change in the industry. Many companies reported a drop in sales in the glazing industry in 2005. The replacement window sector is facing over-capacity and near-saturation. Six steps have been discussed by business...
- JOHN FREDERICKS' NEW MD--IN FOCUS. Ellison, Roland // Glass Age;Sep2005, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p38
Interviews Kevin Hill, managing director of British window fabricator John Fredericks, about the industry. Discussions about developments in the window fabrication market; Efforts to improve energy efficiency; Selection of window installers; Glazing plans.
- IN PROFILE . // Glass Age;Mar2003, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p118
Presents news briefs related to building materials industry in Great Britain as of Marich 2003. Approach to polyvinyl chloride recycling; Glazing package for the National College of School Leadership in Nottingham, England; Launching of large platform cills to complement integrated window and...