GLASS MARKET HOTS UP
- Clear Danger. Watts, Marty // Buildings;Sep2003, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p20
Discusses the importance of a security window film. Function of the film; Examples of typical window performance problems; Advantage of laminated glass over conventional glass.
- Window shopping. // Consumer Reports;Oct2000, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p42
Evaluates energy-efficient windows. Key features, including single, double, or triple glazing, gas filling, and materials; How different models performed in tests; Costs; Recommendations. INSETS: How the savings compare;The effect of low-E coating;How to decode labels;Ratings
- Piper gets an 'A' rating. // Glass Age;Dec2005, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p5
The article that Great Britain-based Piper Double Glazing Ltd. has achieved the first "A" rated window under the Window Energy Ratings system, due for inclusion in the Building Regulations from April 2005. The company has achieved a Window Energy Rating of +4, which is the highest on the scheme...
- Glass. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p165
The article lists the estimated costs for glasses which includes the cut window glass, single strength "B" grade (SSB), and the insulating glass.
- High-Tech Window Glazing. RUDRA, SUCHI // Green Builder Magazine;Jun2014, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p49
The article discusses the different types of window glazing technologies. It provides an overview of the energy-efficient high-performance of different types of window glazing technologies for every climate including spectrally selective glass to minimize heat gain, gas-filled windows to resist...
- Anatomy of a window. // Consumer Reports;Oct2014, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p36
The article presents information on the structure and parts of a window. Topics discussed include the role of the frame in providing structure, the use of insulated glass to create a sealed space between the two window panes, the use of grilles for decorating windows, and the use of low-E...
- New Duraflex cavity closer. // Glass Age;Nov2003, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p82
Announces Duraflex's launching of the Duraframe Cavity Closer for use in conjunction with its Diamont Suite. Features of the system.
- SWITCH TO RIG MAKES SENSE. Bentham, Dominic // Glass Age;Nov2003, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p28
Describes the rolled in gasket (RIG) process used by Bedfordshire, England-based Schlegel in window fabrication. Effective removal of extruders; Seal that survives the welding process as the result of RIG; Process involved in switching to RIG; RIG extruders' commitment to buying exclusively...
- Ultra thin glass membranes for advanced glazing of nZEB. Chmúrny, Ivan // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 899, p470
Analysis explains and demonstrates how double, triple and possible quadruple glazing affected energy need for heating and cooling of model office building. The analysis covers the heating and cooling season. The question arises whether to aim at increasing the number of glass panes, or at...