Petchems hold on tight to stay up high
- A better year? Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;7/14/2003 Supplement, p25
Looks at the market condition for polymer products in Asia. Prices of polyethylene; Crucial issues for non-integrated Asian polypropylene producers; Information on the polyvinyl chloride imported by China.
- US petrochemicals show improved profitability. Raman, Radha // Chemical Business;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p85
Reports on the improvement in the cash flow of the United States petrochemical industry in the second quarter of 1999. Increase in the manufacturing cost and petrochemical prices; Production of polymer and polyethylene.
- Dark days for China? RICHARDSON, JOHN // ICIS Chemical Business;4/25/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 15, p12
The article discusses the state of the petrochemical and polymers market in China. It has been stated that producers, traders and buyers of petrochemical in China believe that sharp corrections are on their way. It has been stated that monoethylene glycol (MEG) chain price reduced by 14% in...
- POLYETHYLENE. Kirschner, Mark // Chemical Market Reporter;11/24/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 18, p31
Provides information about polyethylene. Uses of low-density polyethylene resin; Demand growth for the petrochemical; Price levels.
- Polymers. // Chemical Business;May99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p58
Offers a look at the prices of imported polymers. Financial performance of petrochemical producers and exporters in South Korea; Factors that fueled the price increase of polymers; Predictions for the Indian polymer market.
- Quarterly price forecast. // Chemical Week;5/20/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 19, p40
Forecasts the decline on prices of major commodity petrochemicals and polymers in the second and third quarter of 1998. Forecast on the prices; Effect of oversupply and depressed prices for benzene on styrene prices; Information on the price of ethylene glycol.
- PET producers seeking price increase. // Plastics News;2/22/1999, Vol. 10 Issue 54, p3
Highlights the decision of major polyethylene terephthalate (PET) makers to increase price by April 1, 1999. Attempt to reverse seasonal price swings; Market's overcapacity.
- QUARTERLY PRICE FORECAST. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;4/12/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 15, p34
Predicts the petrochemical prices in Europe and the United States by the end of the second-quarter of 2000. Polyethylene prices; Prices of polystyrene; Ethylene glycol prices.
- Betting on a polymers boom. CHANG, JOSEPH; Waldheim, Jessie; Naylor, Linda // ICIS Chemical Business;11/24/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 18, Special section p1
The article discusses the effect of the U.S. shale oil boom on the supply of raw materials for petrochemicals and polymers, and thus the supply of these materials. Topics include a discussion of planned increases in ethane-cracking capacity in the U.S., which produce polyethylene (PE); a...