Price disagreement ends plastics deal
- Ferro sells plastics arm for $133m. Jagger, Anna; Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;8/28/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 32, p15
The article reports on the divestment opportunities being considered by U.S.-based Ferro to reduce its debt leverage in technology and production. The company has decided to sell its specialty plastic business to private equity firm Wind Point Partners. An annual savings of $40 million to $50...
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;10/11/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 34, p6
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry. Rockwood Specialties has hired J.P. Morgan and Lazard to consider strategic options for its active pharma ingredients business Groupe Novasep. General Electric says that GE Plastics posted segment profit of $152 million in the...
- Wind Point Partners sells Illinois packaging firm. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;11/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p1
Southfield, Michigan-based Wind Point Partners LP announced that it sold DeKalb, Illinois-based packaging company Alloyd Co. Inc. to SCA North America of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for $97 million. Alloyd is the leading manufacturer of blister-packaging machines and heat-seal tooling. Its annual...
- Report: Wind Point puts Hilex parent Novolex up for sale. Johnson, Jim // Plastics News;6/22/2015, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p0030
The article reports that the private equity firm Wind Point Partners LP is planning to sell the plastic bag recycling facility and producer of bag and film products Novolex.
- Wind Point's Waterbury Divests Assets. Cody, Tamika // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/2/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p5
The article reports on the definitive agreement signed by Waterbury Cos., the industrial products division of Wind Point Partners, in August 2010 to divest some brands and assets to Amrep Inc., for approximately 66 million U.S. dollars in cash. Included in the deal are Waterbury's odor...
- Citadel owner seeking sale? Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;10/17/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p0003
The article offers information on the report from Reuters, mentioning that Citadel Corp., owner of private equity firm Wind Point Partners LP of Chicago, Illinois is searching a purchaser for Citadel based in Radnor, Pennsylvania. According to Michael Benson, managing director at Stout Risius...
- Hilex Poly sold. // Plastics News;11/5/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p0023
The article reports that the private equity firm Wind Point Partners has acquired the plastic bag maker Hilex Poly Co. LLC from the investment firm TPG Capital's division TPG Growth.
- Ferro plans sale. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/5/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 22, p17
The article reports that Ferro plans to sell its speciality plastics business and has signed a non-binding letter of intent to divest the unit to an unnamed potential purchaser. The financial performance of the business in 2005 is discussed. The unit develops and produces customised...
- Wind Point Partners helps buy plastics maker. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;09/04/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the participation of Southfield, Michigan-based private capital firm Wind Point Partners LP in a purchase of plastics manufacturer Twitchell Corp. from Whitney & Co.