Nova Q3 net loss is reduced to $25m
- Nova Chemicals Reports Profits, Plans Exit from Styrenics JV. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;11/22/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 28, p7
The article discusses the financial report of Nova Chemicals in the third quarter of 2010. The firm posted a net income of 54 million U.S. dollars, compared with a net loss of 19 million U.S. dollars in the year-ago period. There is a 31% increase in sales, reaching 1.38 billion U.S. dollars on...
- Nova upbeat over future potential. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;4/17/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p16
The article reports on the positive momentum gained by Nova Chemicals in 2006 after posting disappointing year-end results for 2005. According to Nova Chemicals president and CEO Jeff Lipton, a series of unusual events during the past year hit after-tax net income by $240m. The company reported...
- Higher Selling Prices and Sales Lift First-Half European Chemical Earnings. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;8/29/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 28, p13
The article presents information on the earnings of several chemical companies in Europe and the Middle East. Linde's net income more than doubled, to Â£614 million, on sales up 13%, to â‚¬5.9 billion. Cognis reported a net loss of Â£17 million including Â£56 million in refinancing...
- Eastman and Nova Are Hammered By Steep Declines in Quarterly Earnings. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/08/99, Vol. 255 Issue 6, p5
Provides information on the 1998 earnings of Eastman Chemical Co. and Nova Chemicals Corp. Revenue loses; Growth of core plastics segment sales; Profitability expectations for 1999.
- Major Chemical Firms Post Weak 4Q, Challenges Ahead. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;01/29/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the financial performance chemical companies for the fourth quarter of 2000. Profits posted by Dow Chemical Co.; Decline in the profits of Nova Chemicals Corp.
- Lyondell and Nova Beat Street in 1Q. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/26/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the sales performance of commodity chemical producers Lyondell Chemical Inc. and Nova Chemicals Inc. in New York City during the first quarter of 2003. Totality of net loss of Lyondell; Estimation of the earnings per share of Nova Chemicals; Impact of supply-demand balances and...
- North American PE market is still in the fight. Davis, Nigel; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;7/31/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 30, p16
The article focuses on the performance of Nova Chemicals in the polyethylene market in North America. The company predicts that the demand for North American polyethylene from 2006 to 2008 could increase at a rate of 4.5 percent each year. Nova's ethylene/polyethylene segment reported an...
- Major Chemical Companies Record Blockbuster Quarter. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;05/01/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the sales and net income of major chemical companies in the United States in the first quarter of 2000. Earnings per share of Dow Chemical Company; Total profits and earnings for the quarter of Nova Chemicals Corporation; Percent gain in earnings of Union Carbide Corporation.
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/01/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 12, p21
Presents news related to financing in chemical industry as of October 2001. Renewal of Nova Chemicals Corp.'s unsecured revolving term bank financing; Amendment of bank credit agreement signed by Crompton Corp.