Sumitomo profits fly higher
- Key Facts. // Sumitomo Chemical Company, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Jul2005, p4
Provides basic information about Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd., a chemical company in Japan. Contact information; Corporate profits; Number of employees.
- GLOBAL ROUNDUP. // Asian Chemical News;4/28/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 399, p4
Presents world news briefs on the chemical industry as of April 2003. Expansion of Hanwha Chemical in Yeochun, South Korea; Successful startup of Sumitomo Chemical's caprolactam and propylene oxide plants in Japan; Expected operating profit of Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd. for 2003.
- Profits abound in Japan. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/26/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on healthy profits posted by chemical companies in Japan in 2006. Among these firms is Sumitomo Chemical, in which its operating income has increased by 18% to Y105 billion and sales rose by 18% to Y1,300 billion. The author attributes this favorable earnings to the...
- Japanese Companies Report Falls in First-Half Earnings. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;11/16/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 27, p17
The article offers information on the financial earnings of Japanese chemical companies for the first half ended September 30, 2009. A net loss of 2.5 billion yen was reported by Mitsubishi Chemical, as against a net profit of 23.5 billion yen in the corresponding period in 2008. A 37% decline...
- Major Japanese Firms Report Improved Earnings and Sales. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;11/8/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 27, p17
The article deals with an increase in the earnings and sales posted by leading chemical firms in Japan for the fiscal first half ended September 30, 2010. The improved earnings and sales resulted from stronger demand and higher selling prices. Mitsubishi Chemical posted a net profit of 44...
- Strong Demand, Prices Boost Japanese Firms' Results. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/18/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 27, p15
Features several Japanese chemical companies that posted increases in net profit for the fiscal first quarter ended June 30, 2004. Mitsubishi Chemical; Sumitomo Chemical; Asahi Kasei.
- Sumitomo plots course to drive up profitability. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;3/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 57, p14
The article reports on the plans of Sumitomo Chemical to expand its net profit and revenues by focusing on value-added products and by expanding petrochemicals as part of a new business plan. The company set targets of Â¥2,400 billion for its revenues and Â¥150 billion for its net profit. It...
- Sumitomo plots course to drive up profitability. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/12/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the plan of Japan's Sumitomo Chemical to expand its net profit by 65% and revenues by 34% by focusing on value added products, and by expanding petrochemicals as part of a new business plan. Sumimoto set revenue targets of 2,400 billion yen and net profit of 150 billion...
- Japanese companies report improved earnings, sales. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;2/17/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 5, p16
The article reports that majority of Japanese chemical companies posted improved profits and sales during the nine-month period ended December 31, 2013. It reports that financial performance improvements have been attributed to a better global economy, a recovery in the domestic economy and a...