Orica digs deep to fund expansion
- Orica to Acquire Minova. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;10/25/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 35, p17
The article reports that Orica has agreed to acquire British company Minova from Close Brothers Private Equity. Minova makes specialty chemicals for the underground mining and civil engineering sectors. Orica is the biggest manufacturer of explosives. The deal is expected to close by the end of...
- Acquisition Expands Minova's Technology. // Coal International;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p218
The article reports on the acquisition of the mining business of Exchem Plc in Great Britain by Minova UK Ltd. The business consists of roofbolting resin capsules and drilling machines. It provides information on the terms of the agreement. It cites the benefits of the deal to Minova.
- Orica digs deep to fund expansion. Hui, Cheok Soh; Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/23/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 15, p15
The article reports on the plans by Australian chemicals and mining firm Orica to acquire British chemical company Minova. The acquisition which will cost Orica $646.2 million, aims to expand its mining services business. The purchase price excludes acquisition costs and will be funded with debt...
- Orica Buys Water Treatment Chemicals Producer. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;3/30/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the acquisition of Aluminates Chemical Industries by Orica effective on May 2, 2005. Company background of Aluminates; Advantages of the acquisition.
- Keeping pace. // BRW;2/1/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p67
The article reports on the activities of major mining services and technology companies in Australia. Explosives and chemicals company Orica has acquired the international assets of rival Dyna Nobel in 2005. Engineering construction firm Ausenco went public in June 2006, raising $25.9 million....
- Orica Acquires Specialties Distributor. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/5/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the agreement entered by Orica to acquire specialty additives and fine chemicals distributor Bronson & Jacobs. Value of the acquisition; Chemical products distributed by Bronson & Jacobs; Benefits of the acquisition on Orica.
- ORICA PURCHASES MINOVA. // Coal Age;Dec2006, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p57
The article reports on the acquisition of the Minova Group by Orica Ltd. in Australia. Although mining professionals are more familiar with Orica's line of explosives, the company provides products and services to the mining, manufacturing and construction and consumer markets through four...
- Huntsman purchases Aussie PU business. // Plastics News;3/13/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p54
Reports on Hunstman Corp.'s purchase of Melbourne, Victoria-based Orica Ltd.'s polyurethane business. Purchase price; Payment terms; Orica's reasons for selling the business unit.
- Orica sells chemicals business to Blackstone. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Dec2014/Jan2015, Issue 882, p14
The article reports on the acquisition of the chemical business of Australian explosives firm Orica by investment fund Blackstone.