Poland's Ciech ups price to secure deal
- Ciech gets state approval for two company buy-out. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;3/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p12
This article reports on an approval received by Poland-based Ciech from state privatization agency Nafta Polska to buy Zaklady Chemiczne Zachem and Zaklady Chemiczne Organika-Sarzyna, as of March 2006. Zachem is the only epichlorohydrin producer in the country and also makes polyvinyl chloride...
- Solvay buys into Polish epichlorohydrin. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;03/09/98, Vol. 253 Issue 10, p6
Reports on Solvay's plan to take over an epichlorohydrin and allyl chloride plant of Zaklady Chemiczne Organika-Zachem in Poland under a production joint venture agreement between the companies. Terms of the agreement; Total capacity of Solvay's plants in Germany and France; Potential benefits...
- Solvay and Zachem link in epichlorohydrin venture. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/11/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 9, p16
Reports the joint venture between Solvay and Polish state-owned company Zaklady Chemiczne-Organika-Zachem to produce allyl chloride and epichlorohydrin at Bydgoszcz. Terms of the deal; Main producers of allyl chloride and epichlorohydrin; Uses of the two chemicals.
- Brussels Probes DSM Purchase of Roche's Vitamins. // Chemical Week;5/21/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the European Commission's inquiry into the proposed acquisition of Roche's vitamins and fine chemicals business by DSM. Focus of the investigation; Concerns over the proposed deal.
- Failure shows M&A problems. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;4/9/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 61, p7
The author comments on Sasol's decision to withdraw from the sale of its olefins and surfactants (O&S) business. He contends that the decision highlights an emerging problem in the chemical industry's merger and acquisition (M&A) activity. He also describes the state of the O&S business and...
- OMG to Acquire Coating Additives Firm from Lanxess. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;9/5/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 29, p16
The article presents updates on mergers and acquisitions in the chemical industry. Several suppliers to the paint industry announced deals in August 2007 including OM Group, which agreed to purchase specialty coating additives supplier Botchers from Lanxess. Sherwin-Williams (SW) plans to...
- BASF Finalizes Purchase of Parts of Ciech's TDI Business. // CoatingsTech;Apr2013, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p14
The article offers information on the Ciech SA's toluene di-isocyanate (TDI) business take over by BASF SE and mentions that by this acquisition, BASF would emerge the leader in isocyanates market.
- Shin-Etsu to Buy Clariant's Cellulose Ethes Business. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 41, p18
Reports on the plan of Shin-Etsu Chemical to acquire Clariant's cellulose ethers operation. Reason for the sale of Clariant's cellulose ethers and electronic chemicals businesses; Expected impact of the acquisition on Shin-Etsu's cellulose ethers sales; Effect of the completion of the deal on...
- NEW PROJECTS AND PERMANENT PLANT SHUTDOWNS. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/25/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 7, p25
Two charts are presented which provide data on chemical companies' new projects including LG Chem, Metafrax, and Maire Tecnimont SpA, and plant shutdown of Zaklady Chemiczne Zachem.