Lonza results on track for 2006 growth
- Lonza earnings on the rise. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;1/30/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the operating profit gains posted by chemical company Lonza following an improvement in its exclusive synthesis and biopharmaceuticals business. Data is given on the group operating profits before special items and amortization. The operating profits from custom...
- Obsession with hitting numbers comes at a price. Ottenstein, Robert // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/11/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 9, p12
The article criticizes the overdependence of the chemical industry to quarterly earnings guidance released by financial analysts in the U.S. The impact of earnings guidance on a company's stock performance is discussed. The rationale of earnings guidance provided by financial analysts is...
- Custom Synthesis Drives Lonza's Strong First Half-Year Performance. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/30/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the financial result posted by Lonza Group Ltd. in the first half of 2001. Increased sales at the exclusive synthesis and biotechnology division; Overall earnings for the year 2001 the company is expecting to report; Operating income posted by Lonza for the first half of 2001.
- Lonza, Laporte Post Stronger Results. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;03/20/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 12, p7
Reports that the fine and specialty chemicals division of Lonza increased its operating profit in 1999. Percentage of increase; Reason for its improved profitability.
- Wrap-Up. // Chemical Week;2/24/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p14
Presents news briefs from the chemical industry on February 24, 1999. Sales of Clariant in 1998; Operating income posted by Lonza in 1998; Details on the plans of Solvay to build a cogeneration plant at its Tavaux, France site; Pretax profits of UCB in 1998.
- Fuller Reports Strong Earnings; Buys Business from Henkel. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;4/5/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the increase in the net income of H.B. Fuller for its fiscal first quarter ended March 4, 2006. Fuller also lifted its full-year 2006 earnings expectations by more than 20 percent. Fuller says that the 2005 deconsolidation of its Japanese operations, together with the...
- DuPont to Meet 2006 Target Despite Housing Sector Weakness. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;11/29/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 40, p10
The article focuses on the 2006 earnings target of DuPont Co. DuPont told investors that it still expects to report fourth-quarter earnings of 42 cents/share, despite weakness in the housing sector, one of its key markets. DuPont says it expects to post full-year 2006 earnings of $2.86/share,...
- Lonza eyes phosgenation, adds nicotinamide... // Chemical Week;6/11/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 23, p5
Reports on Lonza company's evaluation into its possible entry to phosgenation and sulfur chemicals as part of an expansion of its specialties portfolio. Location considered by the company in building the phosgenation plant; Lonza's joint venture plan to build a nicotinamide plant at Guangzhou,...
- Profile and Results 2001. // Chemical Week;2/27/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p64
Presents information on the performance of the chemical company Lonza Group in 2001. Divisions comprising the company; Number of people employed; Expansion programs of the company; Growth of the Performance Chemicals business.