German IPO climate cooling
- Botched Facebook IPO teaches tough lessons. GREENWALD, JUDY // Business Insurance;6/4/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 23, p1
The article looks at the lessons learned from Facebook Inc.'s well-known problems with its initial public offering (IPO). It narrates how the company's 421 millions shares, which went public on May 18, 2012 at 38 U.S. dollars a share, dropped by 10.28 U.S. dollars two weeks later. It explains...
- What is an IPO? // San Diego Business Journal;07/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p25
Discusses various aspects of an initial public offering. Definition of IPO; Reasons why a company go public; How to purchase shares at the offering price.
- Millisecond market a long-term problem. Braithwaite, Tom // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/24/2015, p19
In this article the author views that as the economic market is not performing good so the initial public offerings (IPOs) are also affected by it.
- IPOs Are Up A Bit. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/11/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 15, pB3
Reports on the improvement in the initial public offerings (IPO) filings in the U.S. in 2004. Number of IPO filed during the year; Remarks from Lambert, Edwards & Associates Inc. Jeff Lambert on the economic trend; Overview of IPO activity in the first quarter of 2005; Increase in the dollar...
- The Return of the IPO. Smith, Stephanie D. // Money;May2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the rising number of initial public offerings in the U.S. Mention of big deals such as Citigroup's spin-off of Travelers Property Casualty; Reasons why the companies going public are better than those in the 1990s, including stronger balance sheets; How investors are embracing a wide...
- Venture funding replacing IPOs. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p25A
Reports that some closely held companies in United States prefer venture capital to initial public offerings when raising cash.
- IPOs: Jumping Over the Moon. Quinn, Jane Bryant; Ehrenfeld, Temma // Newsweek;2/14/2000, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p54
Informs and advises about initial public offerings (IPO) of securities. Who gets the free money from an IPO; Rules that govern who gets IPO allocations; Small-capitalization mutual funds; Advice of IPO Plus' Kathleen Shelton Smith on checking stock price.
- What does the current biotech stock market value? McNamee, Laura; Ledley, Fred // Nature Biotechnology;Aug2015, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p813
The article presents an in-depth analysis of the valuations of companies that went public in the 1999-2000 window and in the existing boom from 2012 to 2014. It states that the 1999-2000 initial public offering (IPO) was contributed by an increase in capital coming from the dot.com bubble and...
- BOTTOM LINE. Greenwood, Ross // Money (Australia Edition);Nov2003, p30
Reports on the Australian stock exchange situation as of November 2003. Gain of stocks since July 2003; Overview of the process of stock floats; Information on major Australian companies that are going public.