Weddings & beheadings
- Capturing the Action. Strawser, Craig // All Hands;Mar2003, Issue 1031, p34
Reports on the work of combat camera teams of the U.S. Navy in Bahrain and in other parts of the Arabian Gulf region to provide photographic documentation of the Navy's operations.
- SHOOTING WAR. Friend, David // Vanity Fair;Aug2003, Issue 516, p148
Features the VII, a group of combat photographers and documentarians. Social commitment of the team; Technology used by members of the team; Career achievements.
- LETTER FROM THE EDITOR. Hughes, Holly // Photo District News;Jan2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p12
In this article, the author reflects on the challenges facing war photographers in Iraq.
- Horror and Humanity. Kulman, Linda // U.S. News & World Report;7/9/2001-7/16/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p50
Focuses on war photography and news photography. Discussion of photographs which were taken by Alexander Gardner, who was known to rearrange corpses to improve the composition of war photographs; View that his images made the public witnesses to war in a way that overturned preconceived notions...
- BEYOND PHOTOGRAPHY. Oddy, Jason // Art Review;Jul/Aug2007, Issue 13, p62
The article focuses on the art of war photographs of artist in the U.S. Artist Steve Mumford made four trips to Baghdad in the company of the U.S. Army's Third Infantry and First Armored Division between April 2003 and October 2004. He created an extensive series of watercolors and pen-and-ink...
- ON WAR PHOTOGRAPHY. Bork, Charles // National Review;9/12/1986, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p34
The article discusses the author's trip to the mountains of Afghanistan and Pakistan. He compares cameras used today to those used by war photographers in the past. To assist in the comparison, he presents several photographs taken during the Crimean War, the American Civil War, and in Paktia...
- PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR. Nachtwey, James // American Photo;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p41
Features war photographer James Nachtwey, and recipient of the 2004 Photographer of the Year Award from "American Photo" magazine. Near-death experience while doing an assignment for "Time" magazine; Career highlights; Description and selection of his works.
- IMAGES OF WAR. E. M. H. // American Heritage;Aug1977, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p74
The article discusses the contributions of Jimmy Hare to the field of photojournalism. Having a father who was a camera manufacturer in London, photojournalism came easily to Hare. His proposal to the editor of "Collier's Weekly" to sent him to Cuba when the battleship Maine blew up in Havana...
- The Unchanging Essence of War Photography. Osnos, Peter // Nieman Reports;Winter2008, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p79
A review is presented of "Child Soldier," an exhibition of war photography presented at War Photo Limited, a photography gallery in Dubrovnik, Croatia.