Individual pay for performance and commitment HR practices in South Korea
- What Would Parsons Say About Mobbing? Omay, Umut // Is, Guc: The Journal of Industrial Relations & Human Resources;Oct2009, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p67
In the recent years Mobbing has been a popular subject among the Work Psychology studies. Mobbing can simply be defined as a malicious attempt to force a person by another person or a group systematically in order to erode the said person's thrust, willingness and morale. The popularity of...
- Capacidad directiva Â¿CÃ³mo motivar?, esa es la cuestiÃ³n. Alonso, Aurora // Capital Humano;Sep2010, Vol. 23 Issue 246, p22
No abstract available.
- Have you heard? // Employee Benefits;Nov2004, p75
This article presents quotations and news related to personnel compensation.
- Remembering Arthur Kornhauser: Industrial Psychology's Advocate for Worker Well-Being. Zickar, Michael J. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Apr2003, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p363
Arthur Kornhauser was an early industrial psychologist whose contributions have been neglected in written histories of applied psychology. Throughout his career, he was a staunch advocate for an industrial psychology that concentrated on improving workers' lives. This article describes his...
- A Second Breakthrough in Organization Development. BLAKE, ROBERT R.; MOUTON, JANE S.; SLOMA, RICHARD L.; LOFTIN, BARBARA PEEK // California Management Review;Winter68, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p73
This article presents an examination on organizational theory. One theory states that workers are capable of becoming psychologically involved in cooperative activities and to be self-motivated and self-controlled. Douglas McGregor, a human relations scholar, has made a theory which he entitles...
- STEER YOUR PEOPLE STRAIGHT. Hicks, Mary Dee; Peterson, David B. // Financial Executive;May/June97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p44
The article reports on personnel management and strategies to motivate employees. The competitive marketplace in business means that employees must perform at their peak levels in order for their organizations to be successful. Training programs then are focused on increasing company...
- La satisfacciÃ³n del empleado y su correlaciÃ³n con la satisfacciÃ³n del cliente. CARLOS ALCAIDE CASADO, JUAN // Capital Humano;Feb2010, Vol. 23 Issue 240, p108
No abstract available.
- RESEARCH NOTES. BEHAVIORAL COMMITMENT AND TENURE OF NEW EMPLOYEES: A REPLICATION AND EXTENSION. Kline, Cathy J.; Peters, Lawrence H. // Academy of Management Journal;Mar1991, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p194
The impact of perceptions of volition, revocability, and publicness on behavioral commitment and the impact of behavioral commitment on employee tenure were examined in a group of 315 newly hired clerical employees. Results based on correlational and survival analyses tended to replicate prior...
- HOW THE PACKAGING OF DECISION EXPLANATIONS AFFECTS PERCEPTIONS OF TRUSTWORTHINESS. Elsbach, Kimberly D.; Elofson, Greg // Academy of Management Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p80
We used an experimental vignette to examine how two aspects of a decision explanation's packaging--its language and labeling of the decision process--affected perceptions of a decision maker's competency-based trustworthiness. These perceptions were higher when either easy-to-understand language...