PEOPLE ON THE MOVE
- WHO'S MOVING WHERE? // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/30/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 16, p46
Career developments involving employees within the chemical industry in the U.S. are discussed. Nicholas Dekker has been appointed vice president and CFO of Kraton Polymers. John Hess was elected to Dow Chemical's board of directors. Theodore Harris has been appointed president of Ashland...
- Getting ready to grow. O'Driscoll, Cath // ICIS Chemical Business;7/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 27, p22
The article discusses financial developments in Diolen Industrial Fibers under the leadership of Jan Michiels. The company's fortunes have undergone a dramatic turnaround seeing profitability restored and overheads slashed by as much as 30%. By 2010, Diolen aims to increase its capacity to...
- Kraton Polymers Expansion Slated for Completion by Year End. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/15/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the expansion plans of Kraton Polymers company for its Kraton D-1401P styrenic-block copolymer capacity in Belpre, Ohio. Reasons for the expansion; Development of the D-1401P business of the company; Relationship of the company with its customers.
- EASTMAN NAMES NONWOVEN EXECS. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/3/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 44, p2
Announces the appointment of Robert Lovegrove to the position of global business segment manager of Eastman Chemical Co.
- key changes. // Chemical Week;1/15/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 2, p33
Presents updates on executive appointments in the chemical industry as of January 15, 2003. Gary Hess at Eastman Chemical; Kenneth Werner at Degussa; Paul L. Howes at Astaris.
- Wrap-Up. // Chemical Week;11/3/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 41, p16
Presents news briefs from the chemical industry as of November 3, 1999. Retirement of R. Wiley Bourne as vice chairman and executive vice president of Eastman Chemical; Appointment of James Mack as president and chief executive of Cambrex; Acquisition of Furon company by Norton.
- Texas Pacific to Buy Kraton Polymers for $770MM. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/17/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 17, p2
Reports that Texas Pacific Group has entered into an agreement to purchase Kraton Polymers LLC from Ripplewood Holdings LLC and other investors. Terms of the deal; Benefits for both companies; Examination of the private equity partnership.
- Kraton weighs SBC options. Lin, Chow Bee // ICIS Chemical Business;6/4/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 69, p33
The article reports that Kraton Polymers has narrowed down the possible location for a new styrenic block copolymers (SBC) plant to southeast Asia. Raw material availability will be a key factor in the decision making, with Singapore and Malaysia named as potential sites. The company revealed...
- newsbriefs. // Chemical Week;5/16/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 17, p8
This article presents updates related to chemical industry. Invista says it has selected Shanghai, China as the site of its previously announced world-scale nylon 6,6 complex. Dow Chemical, the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in Berkeley, California, and China's Energy Research Institute...