Choc-full of chemicals
- Chocolate 'better than kissing'. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p38
The article focuses on the research which indicates that chocolate is better than kissing in increasing heart rate and in providing a longer lasting body and brain buzz. According to the research, the effects of chocolate seen in the experiments were due to phenylethylamine, which raises levels...
- Instant energy-booster: Have a chocolate. De Coursy, Nicole // Redbook;Oct2004, Vol. 203 Issue 4, p76
Focuses on the health benefits of chocolate. Plant chemical content of cocoa that can improve a person's energy level and mood; Importance of the phenylethylamine compound.
- The history and science of chocolate. VERNA, Roberto // Malaysian Journal of Pathology;Dec2013, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p111
This article gives an account of the origins, evolution and properties of chocolate. Chocolate is processed from the pod or cabosside of the cacao plant, grown in the tropical belt. The origins of chocolate are traced back to the Maya people who were probably the first to cultivate the cacao...
- Cocoa and chocolate consumption - Are there aphrodisiac and other benefits for human health? Afoakwa, E. O. // South African Journal of Clinical Nutrition;2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p107
Cocoa and chocolate have been acclaimed for several years for their possible medicinal and health benefits. It is only recently, however, that some of these claims have been more clearly identified and studied. Recent epidemiological and clinical studies, for example, have shown that dietary...
- be choosy about chocolate. Boone, Joe // Health (Time Inc. Health);Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p48
Provides information on the health aspects of eating dark chocolate. Health benefits of antioxidants; Sources of antioxidants.
- HOW IT WORKS. // Restaurant Business;Sep2007, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p90
The article presents information on the composition of chocolate and how it stimulates one's desire for more. There are over 300 chemicals composing chocolate that can have an effect on the nervous system. But there is still debate as to whether it is truly addictive. There are the stimulants,...
- a sweet story! Thiagaraja, Kamala // Women in Business;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p36
Presents information on the history of chocolate. Health aspects of chocolate; Information on Swiss chocolate.
- CHOCOLATE & YOU. Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Odyssey;Feb2005, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
Presents information related to harmful and useful effects of consuming chocolate. INSETS: Check the Label!;Chocolate and Zits?;Chocolate and Love?.
- FROM Bean TO BAR. Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Odyssey;Feb2005, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p13
Presents information related to conversion of cocoa beans into chocolate bars.