- Spot PX prices surge to $600 as PTA demand picks up. // Asian Chemical News;8/04/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 411, p24
Reports on the price of paraxylene (PX) strengthened by improved demand from purified terephthalic acid (PTA) producers. Prices of spot PX in Asia; Forecast on the PX prices; Value of PTA contract nominations.
- PTA rises by $135, op rates up as well. // Asian Chemical News;6/9/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 404, p28
Reports on the increase in prices for purified terephthalic acid in Asia in June 2003. Rate of the increase; Reason behind the increase; Details on the increase.
- Chemical Profile. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/22/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 18, p31
Presents the chemical profile of purified terephthalic acid and dimethyl terephthalate. Demand and applications; Strength and weakness; Price range.
- FCFC's PTA start-up pushed back to end-2006. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;6/21/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 450, p25
Reports on the decision of Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corp. to delay the start-up of its purified terephthalic acid (PTA) line in Ilan, Loong-der, Taiwan, from 2005 to 2006. Volume of isophthalic acid (IPA) to be produced by the PTA line per year; Reason for the delay; Comparison between the IPA...
- Capacity of PTA Rises Rapidly. Zheng, John // China Chemical Reporter;7/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p19
The article provides updates on the marketing condition of the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) sector in China. It has been reported that it has developed drastically in recent years. There will be twelve PTA producers in the country that will have a total capacity of over 6.9 million ton per...
- PTA to recover margins. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;10/6/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2071, p10
Reports on the chemical industry from around the world. Information on the purified terephthalic acid market in Europe; Paraxylene contracts for October 2003; Demand for polyethylene terephthalate production.
- PA producers resist OX price-hike attempts to salvage margins. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;7/14/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 408, p24
Reports that attempts by Asian orthoxylene (OX) traders to increase prices were resisted by phthalic anhydride (PA) producers in the Asian market as of July 14, 2003. Increase in the prices of OX and paraxylene in the Asian market; Issues raised by PA producers regarding the increased prices of...
- PTA Sellers Try to Limit Price Decline. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;1/13/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the move of the producers of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) to limit the decline in first-quarter contract prices. Purpose of minimizing PTA decrease; Demand for PTA.
- Indo Rama PTA unit to take off by Dec. // Colourage;Oct98, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p71
After having been delayed by around 16 months, petrochemical company Indo Rama Synthetics Ltd.'s project to manufacture purified terephthalic acid (PTA) is scheduled to takeoff by December 1998. The proposed project had been delayed due to depressed market conditions, especially in the...