Trio unite on PO technology roll-out
- Dow eyes Middle East HPPO project. Ovrebekk, Hilde // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/2/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 12, p20
The article reports proposals of DOW to develop a hydrogen peroxide propylene oxide (HPPO) project in the Middle East with BASF and/or with other partners. According to Andrew Liveris, the Chairman and CEO, it would be part of a wider strategy by Dow to develop more extensive operations in the...
- BASF, Dow Move Ahead With Plans for PO Plant Employing New Technology. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Oct2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the plans of BASF AG and The Dow Chemical Co. to proceed with the construction of a propylene oxide production plant in Antwerp, Belgium, using the companies' hydrogen peroxide-to-propylene oxide technology. Initial production capacity of the facility; Role of the plant in meeting...
- Dow-BASF build plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/31/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 15, p7
Reports on the plan of Dow Chemical Co. and BASF AG to build a propylene oxide plant in Antwerp, Belgium. Production capacity of the proposed facility; Schedule of the start of construction; Desire of Dow to target Asia as the next region to develop a hydrogen-peroxide-to-propylene oxide.
- Dow, BASF Team in PO Tech. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/5/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the partnership between Dow Chemical Co. and BASF AG to develop the technology for the manufacture of propylene oxide using hydrogen peroxide as a raw material. Benefits that will be provided by the technology to the chemical manufacturing industry.
- Dow to Build POSM Unit on the U.S Gulf. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;7/19/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 27, p12
Reports on the plans of Dow Chemical to build a world-scale propylene oxide-styrene monomer (POSM) plant at one of its Gulf Coast sites in the United States. Scheduled completion of the plant; Cost of the POSM plant; Capacity of the plant.
- Dow delays PO/SM plant. Raleigh, Patrick // Urethanes Technology;Apr/May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the postponement of Dow Chemical Company's plan to build a propylene oxide/styrene monomer plant in Michigan. Reason for the delay; Overview of the plant; Brief information on the company's business operation.
- PETROCHEMICALS. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/5/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 45, p19
Reports that Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG (BASF) plans to build a commercial-scale propylene oxide unit based on a proprietary process that uses hydrogen peroxide as a propylene oxidant. Comments from the company's board member Stefan Marcinowski about the plan; Solvay's possible...
- Dow and Solvay form joint venture to build hydrogen peroxide plant in Thailand. // Chemical Business;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p88
The article reports on an agreement entered by Dow Chemical Co. and Solvay S.A. to create a joint venture for the construction of a hydrogen peroxide (HP) plant in Thailand. The facility will serve a raw material source for the manufacture of propylene oxide (PO). Dow is also negotiating with...
- Dow expands PO and polyols. // Chemical Week;10/19/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the plan of Dow Chemical to expand its worldwide propylene oxide operations. Increase in capacity of plants in Brazil and Germany.