Tight supply boosts MMA prices
- Tight MMA market sees prices rise in Q4. Allen, Nicolette; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;11/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 42, p32
The article reports that European 2006 fourth quarter methyl methacrylate (MMA) prices have settled up â‚¬120-160/tonne from the third quarter. The hikes come on the back of ongoing limited supply, due to the many unexpected shutdowns and technical difficulties at European MMA production...
- METHYL METHACRYLATE. // Chemical Week;7/26/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 25, p33
The article presents an outlook for the methyl methacrylate industry (MMA). The MMA market has grown significantly since 2004, a year that producers say was marked by growth in consumption across all market segments worldwide, to about 2.7 million m.t. in 2006. Prices in the U.S. have increased...
- Spot MMA at all-time high. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 469, p24
Focuses on pricing trends for Asian methyl methacrylate (MMA) in the fourth quarter of 2004. Spot prices of MMA; Factors that contribute to MMA's limited supply; Demand for MMA in South Korea.
- MMA to see further hikes? Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;8/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 455, p23
Reports on the price increase of methyl methacrylate (MMA) in Asia as of August 2004. Factors that contributed to the price inc rease; Reason behind the exception of Japan in the price increase; List of MMA producing companies.
- Organic Chemicals Showed Different Price Change. // China Chemical Reporter;9/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p15
The article provides information concerning the different price change or organic chemicals in China. In August 2007, phenol price has remained bullish. The prices of acetone changed differently by regions with fewer trading actions. Methanol price continued to increase from mid-July 2007 to...
- PC still riding on a five-year high. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;5/30/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 492, p24
Reports on the stability of price increase in Asian polycarbonate (PC) as of May 30, 2005. Significance of its supply and demand tightness; Confidence of PC producers on prices for optical-grade PC; Possible response of producers to weakening demand for the chemical.
- Soybean Price Rallies on Reports of Low South American Yields. Doris de Guzman, Feliza // Chemical Market Reporter;3/29/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 13, p10
Identifies the factors for price increases of soybeans in the U.S., current as of March 29, 2004. Weather conditions in Brazil; Crop losses in South America; Harvest delays; Strike by federal inspection officials in Brazil; Chinese soybean demand. INSET: LATE SPOT PRICES.
- OX touches ten-year high. Hui, Kew Jia; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;7/24/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 29, p30
The article reports that Asian orthoxylene (OX) prices hit a ten-year high of $1300-1350/ton CFR on July 14, 2006. The hike was driven by tight feedstock supplies and high demand. As a result, Asian phthalic anhydride (PA) and dioctyl phthalate (DOP) prices followed with their own ten-year...
- PLAYERS HOPE FOR CALMER QUARTER. Robson, Rachel; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;10/23/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 40, p35
The article reports that the European maleic anhydride market faced a turbulent 2006 third quarter, with prices soaring as production problems plagued the market and tightened supply. Buyers and sellers alike note that supply is easing, but they acknowledge that if any further unexpected...