MEG contract deadlock as arb from Asia opens
- Permeability of human oocytes to ethylene glycol and their survival and spindle configurations after slow cooling cryopreservation. L. De Santis; G. Coticchio; S. Paynter; D. Albertini; K. Hutt; I. Cino; M. Iaccarino; A. Gambardella; C. Flamigni; A. Borini // Human Reproduction;Oct2007, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p2776
BACKGROUND To develop novel cryopreservation methods, we estimated the permeability coefficients Lp (hydraulic conductivity) and PEG (cryoprotectant permeability) of mature human oocytes after exposure to ethylene glycol (EG) and tested the efficiency of a multi-step slow cooling protocol based...
- Molecular Mobility in a Poly(ethylene glycol)—Poly(vinyl pyrrolidone) Blends: Study by the Pulsed Gradient NMR Techniques. Vartapetyan, R. Sh.; Khozina, E. V.; Chalykh, A. E.; Skirda, V. D.; Feldstein, M. M.; Kärger, J.; Geschke, D. // Colloid Journal;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p684
The molecular mobility in PEGâ€“PVP blends as a function of the time of system storage and the PVP molecular mass is studied by the pulsed-field gradient NMR method. The distribution of PEG molecules over their mobilities is found in a blend containing 36 vol % of PEG with the molecular...
- Molecular Dynamics and Organization of Micellar Complexes of Poly(acrylic acid) with Poly(ethylene glycol)-Based Surfactants. Doseva, V.; Yasina, L. L.; Aliev, I. I.; Vasserman, A. M.; Baranovskii, V. Yu. // Colloid Journal;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p562
The structure and molecular dynamics of complexes of poly(acrylic acid) with dodecyl-substituted poly(ethylene glycol)s in aqueous solutions are studied by viscometry and spin probe ESR spectroscopy. It is shown that, at low surfactant concentrations, the complexes have a compact globular...
- MEG moots monthly/quarterly issue. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;7/21/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2062, p10
Deals with the performance of Europe's ethylene glycol market in the second quarter of 2003. Statistics on market production; Price settlement for the third quarter; Assessment of market analysts.
- Morphological control of Fe3O4 particles via glycothermal process. Seung-Beom Cho; Jun-Seok Noh; Sang-Jun Park; Dae-Young Lim; Sang-Heul Choi // Journal of Materials Science;Jul2007, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p4877
Acicular magnetite (Fe3O4) powders were synthesized through new glycothermal dehydration by using crystalline Î±-FeOOH as precursor and glycols as solvent. When ethylene glycol was used as solvent, the phase was in-situ transformed from acicular Î±-FeOOH to Î±-Fe2O3 and finally to Fe3O4 at...
- Preparation of size-tunable, highly monodisperse PVP-protected Pt-nanoparticles by seed-mediated growth. Matthias Koebel; Louis Jones; Gabor Somorjai // Journal of Nanoparticle Research;Aug2008, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1063
AbstractÂ Â We demonstrate a preparative method which produces highly monodisperse Pt-nanoparticles of tunable size without the external addition of seed particles. Hexachloroplatinic acid is dosed slowly to an ethylene glycol solution at 120Â Â°C and reduced in the presence of a...
- Ethylene Glycol Production Patterns - Recent Changes in China. Zhang Yueli // China Chemical Reporter;6/6/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p19
The article discusses recent changes in the Ethylene Glycol (EG) production in China. Topics discussed include information on major EG producers of China in 2014, consumption and production of EF in the nation, growth in EG capacity and output in a sustainable mode from 2002 to 2014 and expected...
- Lower EG prices. // Chemical Fibers International;Apr2005, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p94
Reports on the decline in the prices of ethylene glycol at the end of 2004.
- Players seek Q2 hikes to restore industry morale. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;4/19/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2096, p11
Reports on the proposal of European producers to increase the price of propylene glycol. Factors that influence the proposed price increase; Increase of European propylene prices in the first quarter of 2004; Decision of Dow to close its propylene glycol plant at Priolo, Italy.