Ajinomoto gets funds for amino acid unit
- A hit in Japan now lands in the US. Todd, Heather // Beverage World;1/15/2004, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the launch of Amino Vital, the amino acid sports performance supplement, from The Ajinomoto Group in the U.S. Available flavors; Health aspects of amino acids; Background on the Ajinomoto Group.
- hisÂ·tiÂ·dine. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p166
The entry describes the amino acid histidine.
- Sequence Profile. // Encyclopedic Reference of Molecular Pharmacology;2004, p850
An encyclopedia entry for "sequence profile," which refers to certain features in a set of aligned sequences and in a sense gives position-dependent weights for all 20 amino acids and for insertion and deletion events at any sequence position, is presented.
- tryptophan(e) (Trp):. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p422
A definition of the term "tryptophane" is presented. It refers to a heterocyclic, nonpolar, alpha-amino acid.
- EphA3 functions are regulated by collaborating phosphotyrosine residues. Guanfang Shi; Gang Yue; Renping Zhou // Cell Research;Nov2010, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p1263
Ephrin ligands interact with Eph receptors to regulate a wide variety of biological and pathological processes. Recent studies have identified several downstream pathways that mediate the functions of these receptors. Activation of the receptors by ephrin binding results in the phosphorylation...
- BCAA, Branch Chain Amino Acids for Muscle and Body Fitness. Birkner, Kathy // MMRC Health Educator Reports;2004, p1
The article states that the branched chain amino acids include leucine, isoleucine and valine. BCAAs are essential amino acids. They are not synthesized in man and consequently must be obtained from foods. The BCAA's comprise up to 35% of muscle proteins and make up about 50% of the dietary...
- Alteration within a discrete region of the H-2Ld a1 helix upon association with human ï¿½2 microglobulin. Smith, M. J.; Basora, T.; Kieran, J. E.; Nieto, M. C. // Immunology & Cell Biology;Apr1993, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p145
The utilization of the P2-microglobulin (ï¿½2m) exchange assay allowed for the association of H-2Ld with human B2m. Upon association with H-2Ld, human B2m induces structural alterations in H-2Ld' that appear dependent upon xenogeneic B2m amino acid sequence variability. In this regard,...
- Sub-epitopic dissection of HCV E1315â€“328HRMAWDMMMNWSPT sequence by similarity analysis. L. Polimeno; A. Mittelman; L. Gennero; A. Ponzetto; G. Lucchese; A. Stufano; A. Kusalik; D. Kanduc // Amino Acids;Apr2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p479
Summary.Â Â Our labs are focused on identifying amino acid sequences having the ability to react specifically with the functional binding site of a complementary antibody. Our epitopic definition is based on the analysis of the similarity level of antigenic amino acid sequences to the host...
- leuÂ·cine. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p201
A definition of the term "leucine" is presented. It refers to an essential amino acid.