PQU plans Brazilan ethylene train
- PQU deal seals expansion. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;9/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2116, p32
Reports on the preparation of PetroquÃmica UniËœao's (PQU) for the expansion of its ethylene capacity after securing a feedstock supply agreement with Petrobras. Forecast on the ethylene expansion.
- Brazil sells PqU stake.... // Chemical Week;2/2/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the Brazilian government's privatization of the Petroquimica Uniao cracker. State petrochemical holding company Petroquisa's reduction of its majority stake in Petroquimica; Companies which acquired interests in Petroquimica; Other investors in Petroquimica.
- PqU sale rescheduled. // Chemical Week;8/25/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the rescheduling by Brazil's privatization commission of the selloff of Petroquimica Uniao until October 15, 1993. Reduction in shareholding by Petroquisa; Likely bidders.
- Privatization proceeds on a slow track. FS // Chemical Week;11/17/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 19, p28
Reports on the slow progress of Brazilian privatization efforts. Uncertain selloff of Petroquimica Uniao (PqU); Unclear government pricing policy for naphtha; Difficulty of assessing potential cash flow of PqU and evaluating investments for modernization; Environmental liabilities to be assumed...
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;10/13/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 13, p12
Announces Brazilian bank BNDES' auction date for the sale of Petruisa's stake in the Petroquimica Uniao cracker. Percentage of holding to be auctioned in November 1993.
- Solvay. // Chemical Week;11/17/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 19, p31
Reports on Solvay do Brasil's doubts on the outcome of the Petroquimica Uniao (PqU) privatization. Peroxidos do Brasil's application for ISO 9002 registration; Investments for effluent treatment facilities.
- Odebrecht, Unipar swap. // Chemical Week;4/17/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 15, p5
Reports on Brazil's Odebrecht's agreement to withdraw from olefins producer Petroquimica Uniao (PqU) to ceed its seven percent stake to Unipar.
- Rio Polymers May Merge With PQU. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;9/22/99, Vol. 161 Issue 35, p17
Reports that Rio Polimeros may merge operations with Petroquimica Uniao. Comments from Dow officials on whether Dow Chemical will expand its position in Petroquimica Uniao; Information on Rio Polimeros' loan in BNDES, a Brazilian economic development bank, for the construction of an ethylene...
- Unipar invests in Capuava site. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;4/14/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2048, p27
Reports on the plan of Polietilenos Uniao, a subsidiary of Uniao de Industria Petroquimica, to boost polyethylene capacity at its Capuava complex in Brazil. Amount to be invested by the company to boost output; Move of Petroquimica Uniao to increase ethylene production at Capuava; Plan of...