Biofuel catalysts stuck in first gear
- Steam Reforming of Sunflower Oil over Ni/Al Catalysts Prepared from Hydrotalcite-Like Materials. Marquevich, Maximiliano; Farriol, Xavier; Medina, Francisco; Montané, Daniel // Catalysis Letters;Jan2003, Vol. 85 Issue 1/2, p41
Using catalytic steam reforming of biofuels to produce hydrogen for energy systems based on fuel cells is an option that may help to reduce the net emissions of CO2 into the atmosphere. Vegetable oils are some of the most interesting options because of their high potential yield of hydrogen....
- Catalysts spark interest. Chynoweth, Emma; Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;10/16/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 39, p22
The article focuses on the role of catalysts in the increasing activities in high-throughput experimentation. According to hte, a German company that specializes in the technology, high-throughput experimentation can increase the pace of new materials discovery by between 100-1,000-fold. It can...
- Strong showing. Tyler, Alan // European Chemical News;11/17/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2077, p20
Reports on the demand for catalysts by the fine chemical intermediates sector as of November 2003. Importance of catalysts for making chiral molecules; Forecast on the demand for chiral raw materials, intermediates and active ingredients by 2005.
- Enhancing performance. Harries-Rees, Karen // European Chemical News;11/17/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2077, p18
Reports on the innovation efforts of chemical companies for catalyst products. Worth of the catalyst global market; Demand in the refining and petroleum sector; One of the key challenges facing refinery catalyst manufacturers.
- Oxidizing with Nanoscale Gold. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;11/9/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 37, p57
Reports on the development of a catalyst for the selective oxidation of hydrocarbons using nanoscale gold by a team of researchers from England and the U.S. Advantage of the nano-gold catalyst; Possible impact of the research on the chemical industry.
- The effect of the carrier nature and the method of preparation of oxide catalysts containing indium on their activity in the selective catalytic reduction of nitrogen monoxide with C1-C4 hydrocarbons. Mironyuk, T. V.; Anich, I. G.; Orlik, S. N. // Theoretical & Experimental Chemistry;Mar2007, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p114
The activity of samples containing indium in the selective catalytic reduction (SCR) of NO with C1-C4 hydrocarbons depends on nature of the carrier, Al2O3, ZrO2, the quantity of indium oxide, and the method of its introduction. The most active catalysts (2.5ï¿½5.0% In2O3/Al2O3) are stable to...
- Influence of the fractal nature and dipersity of deposited metal catalysts on the kinetics of the hydrogenation of acetone. Tripol�skii, A.; Strizhak, P. // Theoretical & Experimental Chemistry;Mar2007, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p108
The influence of the morphology of deposited catalysts on some kinetic parameters of a heterogeneous catalytic process has been studied. The interconnection between the pre-exponential factor of the rate constant of the limiting stage of the reaction and the fractal dimension of the distribution...
- Reproducibility of highly active Au/TiO2 catalyst preparation and conditioning. Schumacher, B.; Plzak, V.; Cai, J.; Behm, R. J. // Catalysis Letters;May2005, Vol. 101 Issue 3/4, p215
We present results of a comparative study on the reproducibility of Au/TiO2 catalyst preparation and conditioning. Comparison of their physical characteristics and their catalytic activity for CO oxidation shows that highly active catalysts can indeed be prepared in a very well-defined and...
- 3-Azabicyclo[3.3.1]nonane Derivatives: IX. Synthesis and Molecular Structure of 3-Azabicyclo[3.3.1]nonane-1,5-diamines in Solution and in Solid State. Kopyshev, M. V.; Shakhkeldyan, I. V.; Kozlova, L. M.; Litvin, E. F.; Sharf, V. Z.; Troitskii, N. A.; Atroshchenko, Yu. M.; Alifanova, E. N.; Nikishina, M. B.; Vorontsov, I. N.; Gurylev, D. V. // Russian Journal of Organic Chemistry;Feb2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p255
During catalytic reduction with hydrogen on nickel of a series of 3-substituted 1,5-dinitro-3-azabicyclo-[3.3.1]non-6-enes alongside nitro groups reduction occurred also hydrogenation of the double bond. New diamines of the 3-azabicyclo[3.3.1]nonane series were synthesized, and their structure...