Nova takes action against Dow
- Dow and Nova in Dispute Over Ethane Supplies. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;10/11/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 34, p11
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Dow Chemical and Nova Chemicals against each other over ethane supplies for their 50-50 joint venture (jv) cracker at Joffre, Alberta. Dow is seeking $120.9 million in damages, alleging that Nova wrongfully diverted ethane feedstock from the...
- Nova Chemicals hits back at Dow claim. Baumigarten, Stefan; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;10/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 38, p17
The article reports the reaction of Nova Chemicals to the allegation of Dow Chemical that ethane feedstock supplies were wrongly diverted from their jointly owned ethylene 3 unit in Joffre, Alberta. A Nova spokesperson said that the claim is without merit and that they will defend against this...
- Asbestos. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;3/5/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 9, p16
Discusses the impact of asbestos-related lawsuits on chemical companies in the U.S. Estimated number of companies that have field for bankruptcy since January 2000 as a result of rising liabilities; Action taken by Dow Chemical, Honeywell and PPG Industries to boost their reserves to pay for...
- Louisiana judge changes Dow suit from class action... // Chemical Market Reporter;12/08/97, Vol. 252 Issue 23, p6
Reports that Dow Chemical Co. won a legal battle when Louisiana Civil District Court judge decertified the Spitzfaden class-action suit against the company. Basis of the judge's decision; Comments of John Scriven of Dow on the decision; Plan of the plaintiffs to appeal the verdict.
- Dow Shares Fall on News of Asbestos Settlement. // Chemical Week;1/9/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p5
Reports that Dow Chemical has settled an asbestos litigation suit involving a former Union Carbide mining and manufacturing operation at Beaumont, Texas. Effects of the settlement on the stocks of the company; Potential asbestos liability of Dow from Carbide.
- PIPELINE ALTERNATIVES. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/28/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 11, Special section p24
The article offers information on solutions for piping the ethane, including NOVA Chemicals Corp. and Buckeye Pipeline Co. LP will propose construction of a pipeline to ship ethane and other Natural Gas Liquids to Sarnia in Canada.
- Nova Secures Ethane Supply for Ontario Cracker Revamp. WESTERVELT, ROBERT // Chemical Week;9/5/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 22, p9
The article reports on the agreement signed by Nova Chemicals which include two ethane supply deals and a transportation service agreement, to support a planned overhaul of its cracker plant in Corunna, Ontario.
- Polyolefins Producers Push Up Prices. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;1/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 1, p33
The article reveals that rising feedstock prices have prompted Dow Chemical and Nova Chemical to separately announce polyethylene (PE) price increases. PE margins have waned to 70 cts-84 cts/lb del depending on grade, in line with prices, which have dropped 17 cts/lb since August. Meanwhile,...
- PIPELINES. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;11/1/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 41, p16
Focuses on the plans of Nova Chemicals to buy and sell the stakes of Dow Chemicals in the Cochin Pipeline System. How Nova blocked the sale of the stake to Williams; Details on the Cochin pipeline; Concerns of Nova regarding the interest of Williams in transporting ethane on a north-to-south...