Gupta sets sights on emerging markets
- One step beyond. Harries-Rees, Karen // European Chemical News;8/4/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2064, p22
Reports on the plan of Raj Gupta, chairman and CEO of Rohm and Haas, to expand the presence of the company in China as of August 2003. Impact of the economic problems in the U.S. on the chemical sector; Acquisitions undertaken by the company; Information on its business divisions.
- The ABC Advantage. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;3/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 9, p5
The article focuses on the views of Raj Gupta, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Rohm and Haas, on the future of the U.S. chemical industry. He said that the industry will remain a world leader because of its attitude, behavior and culture. He believes that nobody is better equipped...
- Rohm and Haas CEO Raj Gupta Optimistic on Industry. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;4/28/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 17, p4
Reports on Rohm and Haas Co. chief executive officer Raj Gupta's views on the prospects for the chemical industry. Expression of optimism despite negative issues affecting the industry; Challenges faced by the industry.
- Raj Gupta: Meritocracy Wins. // Siliconindia;Mar2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p62
Profiles chief executive officer Raj Gupta of Rohm & Haas in India. Educational background of Gupta; Career history of the executive; Contributions to the company.
- Rohm and Haas CEO Discusses Future of R&D. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jul2002, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p8
Unveils the research and development plan of Raj Gupta, chairman and chief executive officer of Rohm and Haas, for the company in 2002. Performance of the company in 2001; Amount that the company plans to spend on research and development.
- Playing to New Rules. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;5/14/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 18, p5
Relates the outlook of Raj Gupta, chairman and chief executive officer of Rohm & Haas, for the U.S. chemical industry in 2003. Impact of higher natural gas prices; Market opportunities for the industry; Growth potential of the industry.
- Several Firms Optimistic on First-Quarter. Walsh, Kerri; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;3/27/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 13, p9
Reports that several chemical companies expected to beat analysts' first-quarter consensus estimates, citing cost-cutting efforts and an improvement in downstream demand. Companies that have raised their earnings expectations for the quarter of 2002; Operating results of Rohm and Haas for the...
- Rohm and Haas CEO, Raj L. Gupta named Drexel Business Leader of the Year. // Chemical Business;Sep2006, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p72
The article announces that Raj L. Gupta, a trustee and chairman at Drexel University and president and CEO of Rohm and Haas Company, will receive Drexel's 53rd Business Leader of the Year award at a luncheon in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on November 30, 2006. Gupta joined Rohm and Haas in 1971...
- Indian initiative. // Asian Chemical News;8/25/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 413, pii
Focuses on the commitment of Raj Gupta, CEO of specialty chemicals firm Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based Rohm and Haas, to following the company's long-term strategy despite the problems created by external factors to his firm as of August 2003. Impact of the heavy rains on the company's sales...