- Chemtura poised for takeoff. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;7/18/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 2, p45
Reports on the strategy of the newly merged specialty chemical firm Chemtura Corp. in the U.S. Total sales of the company; Cost-savings target of the firm; Financial performance.
- Oils, fats and Waxes. De Guzman, Doris // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/2/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 12, p59
The article features new briefs including the reported expansion plans of the biodiesel production by Stepan Company in Millsdale, III., from 19m gallons per year to 49m gallons; Calgenex introduces Omeganol, the first dietary supplement containing omega-3 fish oil and tocotrienol-rich fractions...
- Capacity mountain. Richardson, John; Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p24
The article analyzes the capacity build-up of petrochemical industries in the Middle East. An analysis from Nexant ChemSystems reveals that the total volume expansions in 2008 will dwarf what has already been established. In spite of this, the Middle East is still predicted to account for a...
- MOSTREAD. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/4/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 11, p7
The article offers information on top four news stories related to the chemical industry for the week that ended October 3, 2010, including the shutdown of petrochemical plants in Kaohsiung, Taiwan due to heavy floods, a court's decision regarding the reorganization plan of specialty chemical...
- SPECIALTIES. // Chemical Week;10/25/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 26, p37
This section offers news briefs pertaining to the specialty chemicals industry, including 3M's signing of a contract to sell its Matrix-brand thermosetting resin system to TenCate Advanced Composites, Chemtura's plan to increase its prices for certain brominated flame retardants in all regions,...
- Chemtura revamps strategy. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/23/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 15, p24
The article discusses the business strategy revamp of plastic additive chemical company Chemtura. The across-the-board pricing initiative by Chemtura in 2005 produced negative results as many of its customers left. In 2006, it has appointed Marcus Meadows Smith as executive vice president for...
- Shell Plans Next Wave of Projects in Shift to Asia and Mideastâ€¦. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/9/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 18, p20
The article reports that Shell Chemicals has continued to shift its assets to Asia and the Mideast and says that a recently announced world-scale propylene oxide-styrene monomer (POSM) project will form part of that strategy. The company says it has not decided whether to build the POSM unit in...
- SPECIALTIES. // Chemical Week;6/20/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 16, p27
The article presents news briefs related to the specialty chemicals industry including Valspar's decision to increase its prices for wood coatings products in North America and the increase in prices of Chemtura's hexabromocyclododecane.
- UTECH Europe: round two of key exhibitors. // Urethanes Technology International;2015, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p0022
The article reviews the exhibition UTECH Europe at the Mecc, Maastricht, Netherlands from April 14-16, 2015, which features profile of chemical companies Baalbaki Chemical Industries (BCI), Chemtura, and Productos Concentrol.