Gulf ethylene capacity to soar
- UIC growth forecast down. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2104, p9
Reports on the decision of trade group Union des Industries Chimiques' (UIC) to downgrade its forecast of French chemicals output growth for 2004. Reason for the move; Expectation of the UIC on chemicals production; Percentage of its forecast reduction; Factor which influenced overall...
- Germany's Chemicals Output Increases. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/15/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the increase in Germany's chemicals output in the first half of 2002. Warning issued by the German Chemical Industry Association (VCI) on the output growth; Drop in the foreign sales of German chemicals during the first half; Projected production growth of VCI for the year.
- Industry Forecast Scenario. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q4 2009, p50
The article presents a forecast for the petrochemical industry in the U.S. There has been a decline in demand from the construction and automotive industries and petrochemical production has been weak in 2009. Business Monitor International (BMI) expects the ethylene market to gradually recover...
- Ethylene Production Rises Slightly in January. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the increase in ethylene production in January 2002, according to the Petral Worldwide Inc.. Production of liquid propane gas; Decline in ethane cracking rates; Production of ethane cracker.
- Germans forecast growth after two good quarters. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;12/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2128, p8
Reports on the predicted production growth of the chemical industry in Germany for 2004. Financial upturn expected by producers for 2005; Percentage of increase in turnover, foreign sales and home sales; Expected increase in output of polymer, inorganics, petrochemicals and consumer chemicals.
- What to Expect in a Year of Recovery. // Chemical Week;1/4/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 1, p18
The article offers an outlook for the chemical industry in 2010. Global output for the chemical sector is predicted to increase by 4.6% and as it continues to recover, gains in global output are expected to continue at 5% in 2011 and 5.2% in 2012. A global manufacturing growth of 1-2% is...
- Cefic sees slower output. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;6/26/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p36
This article reports that European chemicals output will rise in 2006, but growth may slow in 2007, according to revised forecasts made by Cefic. The more optimistic view of growth this year follows a positive first quarter with output and sales up on the previous quarter and above first-quarter...
- Strong Euro Clouds Recovery. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/5/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p27
Forecasts the growth of the chemical industry in Western Europe in 2005. Factors that contributed to the economic recovery of the industry in 2004; Expected growth in specialty and fine chemicals; Projected output growth of the industry.
- Production up for petchems. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;2/21/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2135, p10
Reports on the increase in petrochemical production in the U.S. Reason behind the increase in the production of ethylene and propylene; Factors that will affect the country's petrochemical exports; Forecast on the profitability of petroleum chemical industry.