China puts faith in alternative energies
- PaCE Program Promotes Green Power Electricity. Taylor, Mindy // South Carolina Business;May/Jun2008, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p45
The article reports on the significance of the Palmetto Clean Energy (PaCE) program, the first multi-utility program, in South Carolina. It is vital to the state because it allows electric company customers to purchase blocks of green power electricity generated from renewable resources...
- OH leads in advanced energy project growth. // Toledo Business Journal;Sep2008, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p1
The article offers information on the Conway New Plant Report on advance energy project growth in Ohio. According to the report, Ohio is a leading nation for renewable and advanced energy which brings more new facility projects than any other state between 2005 and 2007. The report reveals that...
- Biofuels Have Questionable Path As New Fuels for Transportation. Freedenthal, Carol // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun2009, Vol. 236 Issue 6, p16
The article offers information on the rising demand of biofuels in the U.S. Due to the rising cost of gasoline and its negative impact to the environment, the some individuals as well as companies used biofuels. Other advantages derived from using biofuels include continues production and...
- More nations become friendly to biofuels. // Nebraska Farmer;Oct2013, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p53
The article reports that the Global Renewable Fuels Alliance (GRFA), an international federation that represents more than 60 percent of the world's renewable fuel production, unveils the global demand of biofuels due to the implementation of biofuel-friendly policies in 62 countries.
- Will We Have ENOUGH ENERGY? // World Almanac for Kids;1999, p85
No abstract available.
- RENEWABLES. // EEBR Germany: Energy & Environment Business Report;2004, p40
Focuses on the renewable resources in Germany. Development of its renewable energy resources; Net generating capacity of renewable and waste products from 1990 to 2002; Wind energy capacity of the country; Biomass energy use of the country.
- Back to Basics: Wind Resource Maps and Wind Site Assessments. SAGRILLO, MICK // Solar Today;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p32
The article focuses on the wind resource maps and wind site assessments in the U.S. It is mentioned that wind maps that characterize wind resources have been developed by WindLogics and others. It is stated that the cost share offered by the public benefits program or utility's renewable energy...
- The Path Not Yet Taken: Bilateral Trade Agreements to Promote Sustainable Biofuels Under the EU Renewable Energy Directive. Westberg, C. Johan; Johnson, Francis X. // Environmental Law Reporter: News & Analysis;Jul2014, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p10607
In order for biofuels to count as renewable energy for transport under the European Union Renewable Energy Directive, most applicants have relied on certification by the European Commission. But bilateral agreements can also be used to meet the sustainability criteria. This Article examines the...
- Balance Economic, Environmental and Renewable Biomass Using Nanotechnology. // Journal of Applied Sciences Research;Nov2011, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p474
For the exploitation of natural resources, both renewable and made from the variety of functions such as the biomass of fish prey for exploitation, the extraction of underground resources such as petroleum and the exploitation of the forest to hunt for animals and birds we used. When the...