Bosses sacked after Chinese spillage
- SPCC update. // Apply;Apr2006, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p28
Reports that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has been visiting agricultural dealerships to check on Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans. Compliance to the SPCC plan; Review of proposals concerning aggregate fuel storage by the EPA; Need for agricultural...
- Ills of spills. // New Scientist;8/27/94, Vol. 143 Issue 1940, p11
Reports on two pressure groups' findings that the environment in the United States faces an average of 19 chemical spills and explosions daily. Chemical accidents between 1988 to 1992; Average number of people injured by the accidents; Most accident-prone states.
- Safety board investigates mishap. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/23/98, Vol. 254 Issue 21, p7
Reports that the United States Safety and Hazard Investigation Board will investigate a chemical release that sent a toxic vapor cloud over Augusta, Georgia, on November 17, 1998. Number of people affected by the chemical release; Coverage of the agency's review of the incident.
- Vent Sizing Criteria for Partial Volume Deflagration. Orlando, F.; Salzano, E.; Marra, F. S.; Russo, G. // Process Safety & Environmental Protection: Transactions of the I;Nov2007, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p549
The accidental spill of volatile solvents or the release of flammable gases within equipment and buildings is likely to form fuel concentration gradients unless efficient mixing is provided. As a consequence, even small amounts of fuel can form flammable clouds, and partial volume deflagrations...
- Novartis chemical spill injures 13 near Basel. // Loss Prevention Bulletin;Feb2013, Issue 229, p3
The article reports on the toxic chemical spill at a plant of Novartis AG near Basel, Switzerland that injured 13 people on December 11, 2012.
- ACCIDENTS. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;8/22/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 32, p9
Reports on the spill of molten phthalic anhydride out of a storage tank of Reichhold company in Newark, New Jersey. Containment of the spill; Investigation conducted by Reichhold on the possible cause of the incident; Effect of the spill on the operations of the company.
- EPA'S PCB cover-up. G.S. // Earth Island Journal;Winter95, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p11
Reports that a Times Beach Action Group (TBAG) based in Missouri accused the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Monsanto scientists of a cover-up involving a 1972 chemical spill at Times Beach. What documentations revealed.
- Warehouse Leak Hospitalizes 28. Orshall, Jody // Chemical Week;8/25/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 32, p21
Provides information on the calcium hydrochlorite spill at a federal government warehouse in Burlington Township, New Jersey on August 18, 1999. Number of workers hospitalized; Storage of the calcium hydrochlorite; Chlorine levels detected by the air monitoring of the New Jersey Department of...
- Connecticut Reacts to Illegal Dumping. // Official Board Markets;8/22/2009, Vol. 85 Issue 34, p1
The article reports response of the local and state officials in Connecticut to the illegal dumping that happened August 15, 2009 in Bristol, Plymouth, Harwinton, and Burlington, Connecticut. It mentions that the government officials will attempt to discover who's responsible for more than 60...