Falling prices force BASF units merger
- BASF to Make Cuts in R&D For Its Crop Protection Business. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/25/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 19, p2
Reports on the plan of chemical company, BASF, to eliminate jobs as part of a realignment of its global crop protection research and development activities. Highlights of the company's three-year realignment plan; Performance of the company's global crop protection business; Value of the...
- BASF agrees job-cuts deal with works council...as
industry, unions unite over bargaining. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;11/29/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2126, p8
Reports on the agreement between the management and employee representatives of Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG (BASF) to cut jobs by the end of 2007. Percentage of the total employed to be reduced; Amount that BASF will invest in facilities at Ludwigshafen, Germany, through 2009 in exchange...
- Britain's BASF plc cutting 260 positions. // Plastics News;5/17/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the termination of several employees at the engineering plastics raw materials manufacturing plant of BASF plc, the British subsidiary firm of German polymer and chemical maker BASF AG in Middlesbrough, England. Number of employees to be dismissed; Reason for layoffs.
- BASF restructuring reflects global shift. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;7/13/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that Germany's BASF AG has laid out its massive restructuring plan. BASF acquired Swiss specialty chemical giant Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp. for 5.1bn dollars in April 2009. Twenty three out of 55 acquired production sites will be closed or sold, while the remaining sites...
- BASF ANNOUNCES DEEP RESTRUCTURING OF FORMER CIBA ASSETS. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/6/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 18, p10
The article reports on the restructuring of Ciba Specialty Chemicals which was acquired by BASF in April 2009. According to BASF, the company has been forced to conduct a deeper restructuring of Ciba because of the impact of the economic downturn. Some of the planned moves are job cuts and...
- BASF's planned cuts at Ciba will be brutal. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;7/13/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 1, p15
The article reports that BASF AG is planning to restructure Switzerland-based Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp. About 3,700 jobs will be lost including from BASF also. Restructuring of Ciba will save 550m dollars/year from 2012. In Switzerland, 500 of 2,500 jobs will be lost. Four big production...
- BASF Restructures in North America. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/13/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 28, p8
Reports on the plan of chemical company BASF to reduce its service function jobs in its North America operations as a part of a restructuring to cut annualized costs as of August 2003. Possible benefits of the plan; Focus of the restructuring effort; Earnings reported by the company for the...
- BASF Reorganizes Into Customer-Oriented Units. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;03/12/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 11, p8
Reports on BASF's reorganization of its operations into regional and global business units. Structure of the business units; Objective behind the formation of the business units; Responsibility of the units.
- BASF Mulls More Nafta Streamlining. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/17/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 17, p6
Reports that BASF AG is planning more restructuring in North America to optimize its portfolio and reduce costs. Reorganization of administration, logistics, information technology and local communications; Stages of the restructuring; Reorganization of the company's sales and marketing.