People in the News
- People. // Publishers Weekly;10/30/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 43, p16
Career developments involving notable people in the publishing industry are discussed. Public Affairs has promoted Lindsay Jones to the editor position. Jim Conlin was named national account manager in the sales team at Simon & Schuster. Eleanor Goodman has been appointed executive editor for...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p7
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the United States as of September 22, 2003. Resignation of David Caron as senior vice president at Houghton Mifflin Co.; Appointments of Sylvia Metayer and Anthony Lucki as chief officers at Houghton Mifflin Co.;...
- Barker hits the ground running. Livesley, James // B&T Weekly;5/4/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 2607, p15
The article profiles Carrie Barker, managing director of publisher Emap Australia. She had been promoted from her role as advertising sales director at Emap UK. Her former boss at Guardian News & Media UK describes Barker as hardworking and ambitious with a three-dimensional way of looking at...
- People in the News. // Book Publishing Report;4/10/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p6
Career developments involving publishers in the U.S. are discussed. Megan Tingley has been promoted as the new publisher of Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. Mark Von Bargen has been appointed as director of the national accounts of the Simon & Schuster Children's Group. David Carroll has...
- People ... // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p8
Reports on career developments of executives of LaurelTech Integrated Publishing Solutions in the U.S. Collaboration of Michael Hodges with the company as the new president; Addition of Pamela Schoff as senior manager of the firm's production, art, and design department.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p6
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the U.S. Designation of Mark Cummings as vice-president and publisher of reference of Scholastic Library Publishing Inc.; Appointment of Pamela Smith as vice president for sales at Ingram Library Services Inc.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p6
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the U.S. Promotion of Suzanne Balaban as vice president and director of publicity at Schribner, a division of the Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group; Designation of Gene Brissie as editor in chief at...
- British Fabrics Go High-End. Carracher, Jamie // DNR: Daily News Record;7/19/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p112
Presents the views of Peter Ackroyd, director of British Wool Textile Export Corp., on the clothing industry. Number of British weavers in the men's market participating in New York events in 2004; Impact of the exchange rate on the European textile market.
- Basic Instinct. Cooper, Rand Richards // Commonweal;6/3/2005, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p39
Presents views on the execution of serial killer Michael Ross in Connecticut in May 2005. Opposition to the death penalty; Background on the book "London," by Peter Ackroyd.