Amazon Revenue Up 14.7% in Q3; Expecting Banner Q4
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;1/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the sales performance of Amazon.com Inc.'s books, music and video (BMV)/DVD division in the fourth quarter of 2001. Total increase in pro forma operating income for the unit; Improvement in company-wide sales during the period; Net sales at the BMV division for the full year.
- Stocks Mixed; Amazon Jumps On Book Deal. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;11/14/2014, p00
Stocks were mixed, but gained a small amount of ground in afternoon trading Friday. A better-than-expected retail sales report lifted Wall Street spirits in the
- Amazon Sales Gain Ramps Up To 23%; Profits Are In Line. DOUG TSURUOKA // Investors Business Daily;4/25/2014, pA01
The article reports on the 23% sales growth of electronic commerce provider Amazon.com Inc. in the second quarter of 2014. It is noted that the sales growth of the company eased related issues following the 20% gain in the fourth quarter of 2013. Also pointed out is the decline of the operating...
- Media Group Sales up 9% At Amazon.com in Quarter. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/28/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 17, p9
Reports on an increase in sales of Amazon.com's North America media division for the first quarter ended March 31, 2003. Comparison of the North America media division growth rate to other company divisions; Decrease in company's net loss; Reclassification of Amazon's reporting segments.
- Amazon.com Q3 Sales Rise 29%, Profit Triples. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/8/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p6
The article deals with the increased revenue and earnings of Amazon.com during the third quarter of 2004. Net sales for the third quarter jumped 29 percent, coming in at 1.46 billion dollars, up from a year-ago 1.13 billion dollars. Its profit more than tripled in the third quarter that ended...
- Amazon Sees Increased Music, DVD, Video Sales. Jeffrey, Don // Billboard;02/12/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p6
Reports increased sales during the fourth quarter 1999 by Amazon.com. Profit from music sales; Sales in videos and digital video discs (DVD) as compared to 1998; Predictions for quarters during 2000; Comments from the company founder, Jeff Bezos.
- Amazon Gains 38.8%, Forgets to Say Why. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2010, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the business profit of Amazon.Com Inc. in the U.S. For the third quarter of 2010, its net sales increased by 38.8%, reaching its 7.6 billion dollars, surpassing its 21 billion dollars sales from January to September 2010. Moreover, its net sales for the fourth quarter of...
- Strong Holiday Season Bolsters Amazon.com 4Q Profits. // Book Publishing Report;2/2/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the impact of the holiday sales on Amazon.com. Assessment of profits; Sales; Effects of changes in foreign exchange rates on sales. INSET: Amazon.com Financial Highlights.
- Amazon Swings Into Red in Q2 as Fire Spreads. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2013, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p11
The article discusses the sales of online retailer Amazon in the second quarter (Q2) of 2013. It states that the companies Q2 sales has increased by 22 percent to 15.7 billion but indicated a net loss of $7 million in Q2 compared to the net income in Q2 2012 which was $7 million. It also...