Rookery Press Launched as Overlook Revenue Leaps
- Hammered By High Returns In 2001, Small And Independent Publishers Search For Survival Strategies. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;3/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on the financial returns of independent publishers discussed during the Annual Meeting for Smaller and Independent Publishers of the Association of American Publishers in Washington D.C. Views of Overlook Press president Peter Mayer on the status of independent publishers; List of...
- Overlook Acquires Duckworth. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/12/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 19, p17
Focuses on the acquisition of Duckworth by publishers Peter Mayer and Overlook Press in 2003. Approximate number of book titles included in the acquisition; Estimated number of new books and classics titles published by Duckworth in 2003.
- Overlook launches new imprint, series. Patrick, Diane // Publishers Weekly;8/24/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 34, p12
Announces that Overlook Press is debuting the Elephant's Eye, a fine-arts imprint that is a co-venture with Ronald Lauder. First titles to be published under the imprint; Reprints of classics; The creation of Sewanee Writers' Series by Overlook and the University of the South; Plans for the...
- Overlook Buys Ardis Press. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;5/6/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 18, p14
Talks about the acquisition of Ardis Press by Overlook Press in the U.S. in 2002. Number of titles in the backlist of Ardis at the time of the acquisition; Details on Ardis Press.
- Repackaged Authors Rise Again. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;7/15/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 28, p21
Looks at the efforts of publishers to revive classic titles of books written by deceased authors for the next generation of readers in 2002. Challenge of reviving works by deceased authors; Steps taken by David Hype, publicist for Vintage's Black Lizard imprint for Raymond Chandler's repackaged...
- College Sales Continue Summer Growth In July. // Educational Marketer;9/2/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p5
Reports the double digit improvements on the sales of college publishers in the U.S. Percentage rate of increase on gross sales; Accounts on the growth variance between unit sales and revenue; Decline of the rate of returns.
- Untitled. Feldman, G.; Simson, M. // Publishers Weekly;7/25/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 32, p17
Salutes the success of the Overlook Press. To celebrate its 20th anniversary, the press will publish `The Elephant Book,' by Ian Redmond for the Elefriends Campaign, the conservation group Redmond co-founded and the recipient of half the royalties from the book's sales.
- Higher Ed. Helps Propel Thomson Learning Revenue Growth. // Educational Marketer;11/1/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p6
Reports on the revenue growth of Thomson Corp. in the U.S. Increase in the sales of electronic products for library reference; Factors contributing to the growth in the revenue of the company; Recovery in the international operations of Thomson Corp.
- INDUSTRY STATISTICS BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;6/12/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 24, p12
The article presents statistics on the market performance of the U.S. publishers and publishing industry as of June 12, 2006. $36.9 billion is the total 2005 revenue, including sales from small publishers, estimated by BISG. $30.1 billion is the total 2005 revenue, using traditional sources,...