SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION
- Cohen Ships Latest ALESCO Trust Preferred Deal In Illiquid Market. Stein, Gabrielle // Private Placement Letter;10/29/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p6
The article reports on the $408 million cash flow trust preferred collateralized debt obligation (CDO) of Cohen and Co. in Alesco Financial Trust company in the U.S. It is observed that Cohen will incur a loss on the transaction due to the tighter spreads of the collateral and rising credit...
- Sunset and Alesco Planning to Merge. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;5/1/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 82, p18
This article discusses a planned merger between Sunset Financial Resources Inc. of Jacksonville, Florida and Alesco Financial Trust of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The new corporation will pursue Alesco's investment strategy focused on trust-preferred securities issued by banks and insurance...
- Compliance for Money Centers. // Casino International;Feb2008, p6
The article reports on compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard achieved by the U.S.-based providers of cash access, transaction management systems and financial networks to the gaming industry Money Centers of America. The PCI standard was created by credit card...
- Sunset-Alesco Deal Gets Mercury's OK. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;8/29/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 166, p17
The author reports that Mercury Real Estate Advisors LLC told the boards of Sunset Financial Resources Inc. and Alesco Financial Trust that it supports their merger agreement. Mercury Real Estate is one of the largest shareholders of Alesco and Sunset. It is an affiliate of Mercury Partners LLC,...
- Alesco to Merge with Sunset Financial. Finkelstein, Brad // National Mortgage News;5/8/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p24
The article reports that special finance real estate investment trust, Alesco Financial Trust will merge with Sunset Financial Resources Inc. According to the article, the merger will create a deal that will combine a total equity market capitalization of $220 million. Furthermore, the merged...
- The Iberian divide. // Global Custodian;Sep2010, p24
The article compares the securities services market in Spain and Portugal. Both countries share similar cultural traits including being Iberian. Portugal is more advanced in securities services and asset markets than Spain. Financial tools used in Portugal are omnibus accounts and nominees. The...
- CONTROL STOCK: DISPOSITION WITHOUT REGISTRATION UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933. Newlin, William R. // Business Lawyer;Apr69, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p773
Examines the exemptions of the registration requirement of the Securities Act of 1933 in the United States. Principal exemptions available to a controlling person; Basis for private offering exemption; Limitation on private offering exemption.
- COMPLIANCE WITH THE REGISTRATION PROVISIONS OF THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933&MDASH;AN OUTLINE. Shade, Joseph // Business Lawyer;Jan1970, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p437
Discusses the outline in the compliance of the registration provisions of the Securities Act of 1933. Objectives of the 33 Act of Securities Act of 1933; Proposition of clients to raise funds through the sale of securities; Phases involved to make public offering of securities.
- To reduce fraud and benefit investors, mortgage brokers plan a registry. Quinn, Lawrence Richter // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/18/99, Vol. 65 Issue 41, p11
Focuses on the proposal to develop a national registry of the United States mortgage brokerage companies and individual mortgage bankers and brokers. Initiative to reduce mortgage origination-related fraud; Developers of the proposed national registry system; Benefits of the registration program.