The New Junk Order
- Weak High Yield Market Delays Big Loans. R.A.; S.H. // High Yield Report;10/21/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p3
Reports on the delay in finalization of big deals in the U.S. high yield market, as of October 21, 2002. List of deals to be finalized; Causes for the delay; Potential technical risks involved in the deals.
- High Yield Fund Performance. // High Yield Report;10/21/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p12
Lists high yield funds according to their performance, as of October 21, 2002. Total net assets of the various funds as of September 30, 2002; Percentage of change between December 31, 2001, to October 16, 2002.
- HIGH YIELD FUND PERFORMANCE. // High Yield Report;5/5/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p6
Presents a chart depicting the performance of high yield funds as of May 5, 2003. Total net assets; Fidelity Capital & Inc.; Eaton Vance Inc.; Touchstone Inc.
- New Supply is Great, But Watch Out For Default Rates. // High Yield Report;8/04/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p1
Discusses the increase in new issuance from U.S. high yield companies as of August 2003. Concern that the increase in issuance from lower quality credits could lead to a higher risk of default rates; Decrease in default rates which is encouraging investors to buy lower rate deals; Suggestion...
- Are HY Bear Funds On The Horizon? // High Yield Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the launch of the Access Flex Bear High Yield Fund, a short-only mutual fund by ProFund Advisors LLC in Bethesda, Maryland. Value increases with the decline of the high yield market; Attempt to offset losses by hedging high yield bond investments; Threat of default risk to high yield...
- Merrill Nabs Meyer, Raymond James Staffs Up. // High Yield Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p4
Presents news updates concerning the market for high yield investments in the United States as of June 28, 2004.
- LBOs Dominate Europe's HY Forward Calendar. // High Yield Report;8/8/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p2
Reports on the status of the high yield market in Europe in the second quarter of 2005. Dominance of leveraged buyouts; Prevalence of straight corporate deals tapping the market; Comparative rate of corporate and sectoral issuances.
- Global High Yield Reaches YTD Record. M. S. // Leveraged Finance News;6/3/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that the global issuance of junk bonds reaches to $254 billion (b) through 521 deals based from Dealogic as of May 28, 2013. It states that it is the highest volume for the year-to-date (YTD), and a 53% increase from the $165.7 billion thru 352 deals reached by this point in...
- The Time Is Right, But Can You Pick 'Em? C. J. C. // Bank Loan Report;2/16/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p2
The author reflects on the default rate in high yield debt markets in the U.S. She asserts that in time of the crisis in financial market, default rates are increasing which caused the bankruptcies of some financial companies. However, she points out that as the crisis started to recede, default...