Merrill Lynch Buys Into Energy M&A
- A Smart Deal. Moriarty, George B. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/30/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 41, p2
The author comments on the deal of investment bank Merrill Lynch to acquire Denver-based oil and gas boutique Petrie Parkman. According to the author, Merrill Lynch deserves credit for purchasing publicly traded investment management firms Blackrock Inc. He said that Merrill gains instant...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/17/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p21
Presents the ranking of various companies on the basis of their merger & acquisition activities in the U.S. as of March 10, 2003. Basis of ranking; Presentation of the top rank to financial company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Details on the top global acquisition related lenders.
- World's Best Investment Bank Awards, 2006. // Global Finance;Sep2006, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p46
The article presents the winners of the 2006 World's Best Investment Bank Awards in the U.S. Citigroup Inc. has gained the award for best global investment bank. Petrie Parkman & Co. has obtained the award for best investment bank in the oil and gas sector. Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. has got the...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: ENERGY & POWER. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p36
The article presents statistical information concerning investments of the energy and power industry in the U.S. The information includes top U.S. new issues bookrunners as of February 2, 2005, announced U.S. target M&A advisers as of February 2, 2005, etc. Some of the companies included are:...
- Oakwood may Manufacture a Sale. Leibs, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;07/05/99, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p4
Highlights the decision of Oakwood Homes Corp. to hire Merrill Lynch to help it explore strategic alternatives including a merger or sale. Market cap of Oakwood Homes; Projections of the company's 1999 third-quarter earnings; Companies interested to bid for Oakwood; Strategies for the company.
- EBondTrade Joins With Merrill Lynch. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;10/15/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31243, p1
Announces the merger between California-based EBondTrade and Merrill Lynch & Co. in New York, New York. Relocation on the EBondTrade employees; Span of the negotiation process; Reputation of the companies.
- After Consolidating, Merrill's OC Boss Looks to New Areas. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;9/16/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p1
Reports on New York-based investment bank Merrill Lynch and Co.'s consolidation of its business operations in Orange County, California, as of September 16, 2002. Merrill Lynch Newport Beach director Ronald Meraz's closure of several offices of the company in the region; Reduction of the...
- A Tough Act M&A hangs in at Merrill as larger questions swirl around the firm. Louria Hahn, Avital // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/12/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 42, pN.PAG
Reports on the performance of banking company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in the merger and acquisition (M&A) deals. Position of the company in global and the U.S. M&A deals after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Problems faced by the company in the market; Efforts of Stanley O'Neal,...
- Third Quarter Rankings Arrive. Editorial Staff // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/19/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 44, pN.PAG
Presents statistics related to the worldwide advisory league related to merger and acquisitions for the third quarter of 2001. Improvement in the position of Merrill Lynch & Co.; Performance of Deutsche Bank AG; Basis for including any merger in the list.