Study: Nice Guys Do In Fact Finish Last
- Hedge funds in a portfolio context: A mean-modified value at risk framework. Kooli, Maher; Amvella, Serge Patrick; Gueyi�, Jean-Pierre // Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation;2005, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p373
Hedge funds (HFs) are attracting growing interest from investors. Their persistent high returns, combined with their low correlation with traditional assets such as equities and bonds, have certainly acted in their favour. This attraction is, however, accompanied by a price to pay. Hedge funds'...
- Ricky Sandler Gets Bearish. // AR Magazine;Nov2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p23
The article reports on the performance of Rick Sandler's Eminence Fund in 2012. For the first three quarters of the year, the fund gained 22% net of fees. In the fourth quarter, Sandler revealed that the fund's net equity exposure is just 37%. In a letter dated November 1, 2012, the firm stated...
- SociÃ©tÃ© GÃ©nÃ©rale opens capital protected low-risk open-ended fund. Hildrey, Simon // Fund Strategy;9/11/2006, p10
The article reports that SociÃ©tÃ© GÃ©nÃ©rale has introduced SG Adequity Best Asset Protected fund for lower-risk investors in Great Britain. The fund can help investors to redeem from and invest in it. It offers 100% capital protection and provides diversification and access to asset...
- St Helen's erupts onto the boutique scene. Wilkinson, John // Money Management;1/20/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p16
The article informs that by any measure, 2004 has been a successful year for boutique funds manager St Helens Capital. The company is only three-years-old yet it has attracted $150 million of funds under management with returns of 41 per cent since its inception in January 2002. It was also...
- Wealthy investors flee Renaissance. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;3/3/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p2
The article reports on the decline in assets generated by Renaissance Technologies Corp.'s long hedge fund Renaissance Institutional Equities Fund (RIEF) in the U.S. The company has recorded a downfall of its fund from $28 billion to $19 billion brought by the crisis facing the financial...
- DM Capital's friendly activist blueprint lays out the building blocks for success. // Asia Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
A focus on value creation combined with a consultant-style approach has helped Lixin Zheng's Harmony Fund make its mark among activist portfolios in Asia
- Forget Soros: Hedge funds are booming. Wipperfurth, Heike // Crain's New York Business;05/08/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the growth of hedge funds in New York City. Increase in number in 2000; Value of funds under management; Growth spurred by investors' desire to diversify their portfolios; Investors' return to hedge funds for protection against a maturing bull market.
- Hedge fund investments set to take-off. Tyson-Chan, Darin // Money Management;9/22/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p8
Discusses the results on the survey on investments in alternative assets by investors in Australia. Increase use of hedge funds; Rate of funds currently allocated to alternatives; Citations of Australian investors' bias towards property.
- Bustle in the hedgerow grows. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;6/1/2005, p73
Assesses the performance of international hedge fund industry. State of hedge fund industries in the United States and Great Britain; Average returns of hedge fund; Comparison between hedge funds and equity funds; Rules of the hedge fund game; Characteristics that will draw retail investors to...