New health academy must be financially independent
- Analysis. Wiggins, Kaye // Third Sector;2/2/2010, Issue 600, p2
The article speculates on the ability of the Fundraising Standards Board to sustain itself without the assistance of the Great Britain government as it celebrates its fourth anniversary in February 2010.
- HMO stocks flourish as health care reform efforts put on hold. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/7/94, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the financial performance of stocks of health maintenance organizations (HMOs) in the United States. Share prices; Demise of health care reform as a factor boosting HMO stocks' performance; Continued strong earnings; Risks; Industry analysts' comments.
- The urgent need for a National Commission on Public Health & Healthcare. John, T. Jacob // Indian Journal of Medical Research;Mar2010, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p377
The author contends that the government of India must address health system reform at present so as to re-establish organized public health and to provide quality healthcare with equity. In particular, he calls for the creation of a National Commission on Public Health and Healthcare. He asserts...
- Time-out call needed on health care reform. // Business Insurance;11/9/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 40, p8
The author comments on the proposed health care reform legislation of the U.S. House of representatives. He asserts that the proposed legislation contains provisions that is damaging to the entire health care system. He cites, for instance, a provision that would create a commission to determine...
- In the News: Threat of IPO overhang exaggerated. Liu, Lillian // FinanceAsia;Apr2013, p1
The article discusses the problem faced by the domestic equity market of China related to backlog of initial public offerings (IPOs). The article informs from China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) that 869 companies are on the IPO waiting list, out of which 563 have announced their...
- The hard yet honest reality. Yates, Ian // Australian Ageing Agenda;Mar/Apr2012, p22
The author discusses the approach to aged care reform to address the sub-standard care provided to older Australians. He states that the stories of sub-standard care such as a consistent lack of any regular stimulus programs makes families and consumers question the quality of residential care...
- Nevada court patroling its legal borders. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;10/8/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p1
Reports the appointment of a legal commission to formulate rules governing interstate crosses in Las Vegas, Nevada. Recommendations of the commission to the Nevada Supreme Court; Issues considered by the commission; Promotion of the move to formulate guidelines for practicing law in multiple...
- Guinn puts campaign volunteer on commission. Burbank // Las Vegas Business Press;09/06/99, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p12
Discusses minority appointments in Nevada's gaming regulatory panels. Hispanic Auggie Gurrola's appointment to the Gaming Commission; Appointment of certified public accountant Radha Chanderraj to the Gaming Commission; Source of the nominees for the Gaming Control Board and the commission;...
- Hopefuls vie for job as top bank regulator. Caywood, Thomas // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/17/98, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
No abstract available.