Energy drags US markets down
- Still on a high. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 476, p14
Presents a 2005 outlook on the prices and margins related to the Asian petroleum chemicals industry. Fluctuation of ethylene prices; Expectation on propylene shortages; Reason cited for the increase in the prices of butadiene.
- Contracts dominate thoughts. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p46
The article presents an overview of the commodity petrochemical markets as of December 2006. Butadiene prices in Asia fall by more than $100/tonne on weak demand and rising inventories. The first ethylene December-January bi-monthly contracts have been agreed down â‚¬ 55/tonne at â‚¬...
- Uncertain outlook. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;7/14/2003 Supplement, p21
Predicts the recovery of the petroleum chemicals market in Southeast Asia and China despite the severe acute respiratory syndrome epidemic. Prices of ethylene in 2002; Effects of a structural shortage of propylene in the Asian markets; Spot prices for butadiene.
- Competitive Landscape. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q1 2010, p23
The article presents information on competitive demands for petrochemicals products produced in the U.S. It is estimated that the gas production will hold steadily from 2010 to 2013 with consumption reaching at least 704 billion (bn) cubic meters (bcm) and the gas imports at 164 bcm. It also...
- Naphtha rising. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;5/10/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 445, p34
Presents updates on the prices of petrochemicals in Asia as of May 16, 2004. Naphtha; Ethylene; Propylene; Butadiene.
- Producers Seek More Increases For Major Olefins. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;07/17/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the price increases nominated by producers of ethylene and propylene for July 2000. Rate per-pound increase sought by producers for ethylene and propylene; Overall ethylene demand in the second quarter of 2000; Warning of the economists on petrochemical market.
- Asia curbs aromatics price surge. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;6/12/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p52
This article reports that weaker Asian sentiment has affected U.S. and European price ascent in the petrochemical industry in 2006. Naphtha prices in Europe lost ground in line with crude. Supply and demand are balanced, however, and the premium over Brent crude has actually increased. European...
- Petrochemicals: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/01/99, Vol. 255 Issue 9, p14
Presents news briefs on petrochemicals industry in the United States as of March 1, 1999. Spot benzene prices; Decline in butadiene stocks; Information on ethylene contracts.
- A Brief Look at India's Plastics and Petrochemical Industry. Rangarajan, S. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Feb2010, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p40
The author reflects on India's plastics and petrochemical industry. He cites the combined olefins production capacities of India in 2009 which includes ethylene, propylene and butadiene. He mentions that estimated projections indicate that per capita polymer consumption will reach 13 kilograms....