ChemRisks to track dangers
- Industry challenged in Reach final stages. Davis, Nigel; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/16/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 14, p17
The article comments on the decision of the environment committee of the European Parliament to strengthen the Reach proposals. Chemical industry group Cefic cites the disadvantage of the stricter criteria for granting authorization and mandatory substitution for dangerous chemicals. The...
- Proposed Global Labeling System for Chemicals. // Professional Safety;Dec2002, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p11
Discusses the adoption of the proposed system to unify hazard classification and labeling for international trade of chemicals. Advantages of the proposed program; Countries that are adopting the program.
- Green Chemistry. Scheer, Roddy; Moss, Doug // Our Planet: Weekly Newsletter of E Magazine;7/3/2011, p5
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the development of safer alternatives harmful products that affect health and the environment.
- EU Fights Workplace Hazards. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Sep2003, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p1583
Reports that the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work has launched an initiative to help educate managers and workers about hazardous material safety.
- Chemical reaction. Woolas, Phil // Engineer (00137758);7/14/2008, Vol. 293 Issue 7752, p36
The article reports on the establishment of the registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemicals (REACH) regulation in Europe. REACH requires chemical manufacturers and importers to gain information on the properties of chemical substances and register the information at the...
- An evaluation on thermokinetic parameters for hydrogen peroxide at various concentrations by DSC. Chen, K. Y.; Lin, C. M.; Shu, C. M.; Kao, C. S. // Journal of Thermal Analysis & Calorimetry;Jul2006, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p87
Information about the kinetics and thermal decomposition of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) has been required for safety reasons, due to its broad applications in many chemical industries. To determine the inherent hazards during H2O2 manufacturing, transportation, disposal, usage, and so on, this...
- The costs of REACH. REACH is largely welcomed, but the requirement to test existing chemicals for adverse effects is not good news for all. Breithaupt, Holger // EMBO Reports;Oct2006, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p968
The article assesses the cost of the legislation on the Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals (REACH) which is being passed by the European Union. Under the legislation, companies are required to submit a registration dossier for each product and it demands additional...
- REACHING FORWARD. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;
The article focuses on proposed revision of the chemical control measures under the new European Union Regulation of Chemicals titled Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals (REACH). The REACH will set a duty on companies that manufacture, import, and use chemicals to assess the...
- Texas High Court Ruling Defines 'Sophisticated User'. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;10/20/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 34, p9
Reports on the ruling of the Texas Supreme Court on a case defining when manufacturers must warn a customer's employees of product hazards. Background of the sophisticated user defense used by ACC; Factors that must be evaluated in order to determine if the manufacturer or supplier should be...