Reach vital for Cefic
- Cefic Helps Industry Associations. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;12/20/2000-12/27/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 47, p17
Reports on the program launched by the European Commission and Cefic for the chemical industry associations in Central and Eastern Europe. Aim of the program; Information on how Cefic will help the industry associations; Details on the treaty signed by the European Union on December 10, 2000.
- EU chemicals production falls 2.4% in Feb from year-earlier: Cefic. // Chemical Business;May2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p65
The article presents data from the Confederation of European Chemical Industries (CELFIC) which revealed that European Union (EU) chemicals production has declined in February 2012 by 2.4% compared to the previous year.
- Industry welcomes Reach; substitution seen as onerous. Davis, Nigel; Jones, Philippa // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 21, p12
The article talks about the Reach program, the European Union's new chemical policy. Europe's chemical industry welcomed political agreement on Reach but attacked the unnecessary requirements for product authorization under the new rules. According to trade group Cefic, the political agreement...
- Cefic attacks report on chemical danger. Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business;11/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 44, p40
The article focuses on the response of the organization Cefic to a paper published in the periodical The Lancet which stated that 202 industrial chemicals could cause brain damage in children. Cefic pointed out that a statement from a respectable group of professionals has to be given...
- EU chemicals sector output to remain stagnant in 2013, Cefic says. // Chemical Business;Mar2014, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p88
The article presents the forecast of European chemicals group Cefic on the stagnant output status of the chemical industry in the European Union countries in 2013. It describes the chemicals demand in the automotive and construction industry in 2012. Kurt Bock, president of Cefic, explains the...
- â€¦Reach Hits a Stumbling Block. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;10/12/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 25, p14
The article presents the statement issued by outgoing Cefic director general Alain Perroy on the European Union's (EU) Registration, Evaluation, and Authorization of Chemicals (Reach) program. He says the difficulties surround the Substance Information Exchange Forums (SIEF) of the European...
- Facing the Deepest Recession in Years. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/5/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 1, p31
The article presents an economic outlook for Europe. The deepening credit crisis led to large-scale government bailouts of banks, and rescue packages are expected to follow in 2009 for some leading industrial companies. The onset of a recession also caused national governments and the European...
- Reaching a solution? Baker, John // European Chemical News;7/07/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2060, p20
Looks at the concerns raised by chemicals company Cefic over the European Union chemicals policy. Scope of the chemicals policy; Emphasis on the issue of competitiveness; Proposal for the creation of an Advisory Committee on Chemicals. INSETS: Cefic forecasts tough year;Chemicals policy threat.
- EU firms call for third-party verification. Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/25/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 11, p10
The article focuses on the importance of third party verification of participants of Responsible Care Program and states that though some countries have already implemented it some still need to do so. Cefic Director General Alain Perroy comments that the new Responsible Care strategic...