Stolt orders four ships from S Korea
- SNTG orders more vessels. Brice, Andy; Ovrebekk, Hilde // ICIS Chemical Business;4/16/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 62, p37
This article reports that Stolt-Nielsen Transport Group (SNTG) has signed an agreement with SLS Shipbuilding for the creation of four 43,000-deadweight-tonne parcel tankers. The aggregate cost for the four ships is expected to be $340 million, or â‚¬253 million, with deliveries planned to...
- SNTG inks $230m deal. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;6/20/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2152, p14
Reports the deal signed by Stolt-Nielsen Transportation Group with South Korean shipyard ShinA Shipbuilding in June 2005. Description of the ships that will be delivered by ShinA; Advantage of the purchase.
- Stolt & Antwerp: good chemistry. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/12/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 8, Special section p24
Provides information on Stolt-Nielsen Transportation Group Ltd. located at the Port of Antwerp, Belgium. Goal of the firm; Activities at the port; Increase in volume for both firm's European short-sea fleet and its barge service; 2004 revenue; Features of firm's parcel tanker fleet. INSET: SNTG...
- Stolt-Nielsen's profits rising. Whitfield, Mark // European Chemical News;5/3/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2098, p17
Reports on the increase in the 2004 first quarter operating profit of Stolt-Nielsen before restructuring costs for its tanker, container and terminals business. Factors that offset the effect of higher bunker prices and weak dollar in the company's business; Operating profits posted by...
- Deep-Sea Chemical Shipping Faces Rough Waters. Boswell, Clay // Chemical Market Reporter;11/19/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 18, pFR14
Discusses the actions taken by several ocean shippers of chemicals in an effort to respond to weak chemicals transport. Acquisition of SeaChem company by Odfjell company; Move of Vopak Chemical Tankers BV and John T. Essberger GmbH & Co. to consolidate their chemical tankers; Strategy taken by...
- SNTG places $350m order. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;10/23/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 40, p36
The article reports that Stolt-Nielsen Transportation Group has placed a $350m order with Aker Yards in FlorÃ¸, Norway, to build four 43,000 deadweight tonne parcel tankers, adding to the two parcel tankers ordered from the same yard in 2005. The ships will be equipped with 24 stainless steel...
- Chief charged with collusion. // European Chemical News;6/30/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2059, p7
Reports on the filing of collusion charges against Richard Wingfield, managing director of Stolt-Nielsen Transportation Group. Allegations against Wingfield; Statement issued by the company regarding price-fixing allegations in the chemicals shipping industry.
- LOGISTICS & DISTRIBUTION. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;4/11/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2142, p14
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of April 2005. Merger of tanker operations of Clipper and Wonsild Groups in Denmark; Information on parcel tankers ordered by Stolt-Nielsen Transportation Group from Kleven Floro shipyard; Purchase of chemical tankers from joint venture...
- A difficult year clips 2002 profits for Stolt-Nielsen. // European Chemical News;3/10/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2043, p16
Reports on the decline in the operating income and revenue of bulk liquid logistics company Stolt-Nielsen Transportation Group in 2002. Comparison of the results from 2001; Overall annual net loss reported by the company; Factors that contributed to the decline.